CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > General > Inspirational Prose and Poetry
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11th April 2009, 02:21 PM
Administrator

Default new article on St. Faustina

this article:
http://www.catholicplanet.com/articles-index.htm
was just added to the site; it is about Saint Faustina.
Old 11th April 2009, 08:16 PM

Excellent in depth article. Well written, intellegent, edifying and uplifting. Highly recommended. Thanks to whoever wrote it.

I just noticed that booklet on the "Necessity of Christian Mysticism" That looks interesting.

Last edited by Climacus Areopagite : 11th April 2009 at 08:25 PM.
Old 12th April 2009, 05:02 AM

I've only read small parts of St. Faustina's diary so I never knew she wrote about Eschatology. This passage quoted in the above article presumably about the event of Christ's Second Coming has stayed in my mind throughout today:

"All light in the heavens will be extinguished, and there will be great darkness over the whole earth. The sign of the cross will be seen in the sky, and from the openings where the hands and the feet of the Savior were nailed will come forth great lights which will light up the earth for a period of time. This will take placed shortly before the last day."

That is pretty wonderful perhaps even scary in a good way to imagine such a thing.

Just like its wonderful trying to imagine what Jesus was/is like after His Resurrection today during Easter.
Old 12th April 2009, 12:16 PM
Administrator

Since she says 'the last day', that private revelation probably refers to the Return of Jesus at the general Resurrection, not His return after the tribulation.
Old 12th April 2009, 01:46 PM

that actually makes sense given the nature of what is described by the event. It seems different than when Christ will suddenly come at His Second Coming to correct things.
Old 12th April 2009, 05:44 PM
Agobard

In the article is written:

In another entry concerning Poland, Faustina alleges that Jesus said: "I bear a special love for Poland, and if she will be obedient to My will, I will exalt her in might and holiness. From her will come forth the spark that will prepare the world for My final coming" Some believe that this prophecy has been fulfilled through John Paul II. Others allege that the prophecy concerns Sister Faustina herself.

But in the homily of John Paul II we can read:

DEDICATION OF THE SHRINE OF DIVINE MERCY
HOMILY OF THE HOLY FATHER JOHN PAUL II
Kraków-Łagiewniki, 17 August 2002

(...)

Today, therefore, in this Shine, I wish solemnly to entrust the world to Divine Mercy. I do so with the burning desire that the message of God’s merciful love, proclaimed here through Saint Faustina, may be made known to all the peoples of the earth and fill their hearts with hope. May this message radiate from this place to our beloved homeland and throughout the world. May the binding promise of the Lord Jesus be fulfilled: from here there must go forth "the spark which will prepare the world for his final coming" (cf. Diary, 1732).

This spark needs to be lighted by the grace of God. This fire of mercy needs to be passed on to the world. In the mercy of God the world will find peace and mankind will find happiness! I entrust this task to you, dear Brothers and Sisters, to the Church in Kraków and Poland, and to all the votaries of Divine Mercy who will come here from Poland and from throughout the world. May you be witnesses to mercy!

(...)

So the spark is God's mercy and the shrine of divine mercy!