[Old] Application for membership
[This application is no longer in use.]
You should copy and paste these questions into an e-mail,
add the answers, and then e-mail them to me.
See this link for my e-mail address:
Your full name:
Your mailing address:
You e-mail address:
1. What is the primary purpose of this discussion group?
2. What will your posts in this discussion group be like?
3. Why do you want to join this discussion group?
4. Which threads in this group have you read?
5. Which of the following best describes Sacred Tradition itself?
A. an infallible oral tradition
B. the deeds wrought by God in the history of salvation
C. the teachings of Scripture and of the Magisterium
6. Which of the following are ways that Sacred Tradition is transmitted?
A. orally, from Christ to the Apostles
B. in the writings of the Fathers, Saints, and Doctors of the Church
C. by the deeds of all who imitate Christ, especially Saints and martyrs
D. by the doctrine, life and worship of the Church
E. all of the above
7. Is Sacred Scripture….?
A. infallible only on matters of faith and morals
B. infallible on all matters, including physical science and history
C. not infallible
8. Does the Magisterium….?
A. always teach infallibly
B. sometimes teach infallibly and other times teach non-infallibly
C. always teach fallibly
9. Does the Church have….?
A. spiritual authority and temporal authority
B. only spiritual authority
C. only the authority of the Magisterium
10. Is lying….?
A. always immoral
B. always gravely immoral
C. moral or immoral depending on the intention and circumstances
11. Which of the following statements is true?
A. both direct abortion and indirect abortion are always immoral
B. direct abortion is always immoral, but indirect abortion is sometimes moral
C. both direct abortion and indirect abortion are sometimes moral
D. direct abortion is only moral when the life of the mother is in danger
12. Do you currently use contraception?
A. married and either I or my spouse uses contraception
B. married and neither spouse uses contraception
C. single and not sexually active
D. single and sexually active
13. Do you believe that contraception….?
A. is intrinsically evil and always gravely immoral
B. is sometimes moral, depending on intention and circumstances
C. is sometimes moral, depending on one's conscience
D. is always immoral but not an objective mortal sin
14. Which version of the Bible do you use the most?
15. Do you agree that all seven numbered statements in the first post of this thread:
on the subject of SOURCES OF TRUTH are true and correct?
16. Do you have any reservations about agreeing with those statements on sources of truth?
17. Do you agree that all nine lettered statements (A through I) in the second post of this thread:
on the subject of SEXUAL ETHICS are true and correct?
18. Do you have any reservations about agreeing with those statements on sexual ethics?
19. Which claimed private revelations, if any, do you read and believe in?
20. Describe yourself as a Catholic Christian.
21. Have you answered all of these questions honestly and without mental reservation?
Roman Catholic theologian
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|