CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Practical Preparations
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 20th March 2010, 03:49 PM
Administrator

The group has a much better attitude toward this prediction than last year, but that was my fault; I did not emphasize enough the speculative nature of this type of idea about the future.

I appreciate and welcome all of the posts above, and in other threads, expressing optimism, caution, skepticism, and a range of different opinions on whether or not the Warning will occur this year.

Brendan, your opinion and comments are welcome. We should always be prepared to continue on our faith journey, no matter what happens.
Old 20th March 2010, 04:35 PM

Thank you and may God always bless and protect you!

Personally, when reading your speculative work, it makes the most sense of how events would unfold than anything else I have ever read. Your insight is God-sent. As far as the timing issue goes, it may be 2 weeks or not. I recall one post I read recently suggested it may be in 2018 as another possible date. Yes, the Holy Father would be 90+ in age, but that is not out of the realm of possibility.

I just want to express my thanks and gratitude for everyone's posts and prayers.

I want to suggest as we get closer to Good Friday, let us meditate on the Holy Wound of Christ; especially Our Father's right sholder which bore the heavy burden of the cross; very powerful prayers.

Thank you again and I will continue to watch the posts...
Old 20th March 2010, 05:20 PM

I would like to add that, as some people in other forums are saying that Ron's speculative work in escathology field is doing more harm than good to faithfuls regardless if his timeline on the future comes out to be true or not, because, as those people add, his speculative work is diverting the faithful from the main target of the TPR messages (especially medjugorje) and therefore is leading them stray from the latter towards fear, frustration and impatience.

Those people add, that Ron's credibility is now at stake especially after many failures in the field with events predicted that came out to be not true at all (always quoting their insight).

That being said, i want to adress you Ron by saying: if the upcoming good friday does not come in conformity with your timetable,please do not take the upcoming event as a personal challenge to your credibility, but rather take it from a positive approach since you have changed the life to better of countless of people during the preparation period of the warning, in addition, do not feel any moral liability or guilt because you always underline your timeline with a disclaimer ( it is merely speculative).

Last edited by zouxi : 20th March 2010 at 05:28 PM.
Old 20th March 2010, 06:02 PM
Administrator

Thanks, zouxi.
(See, now I am thanking you for a change.)
Old 20th March 2010, 06:22 PM

Hehe the thanks change will disappear if the forum supports the "Thank you" button feature...
Old 20th March 2010, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
Thank you and may God always bless and protect you!

Personally, when reading your speculative work, it makes the most sense of how events would unfold than anything else I have ever read. Your insight is God-sent. As far as the timing issue goes, it may be 2 weeks or not. I recall one post I read recently suggested it may be in 2018 as another possible date. Yes, the Holy Father would be 90+ in age, but that is not out of the realm of possibility.

I just want to express my thanks and gratitude for everyone's posts and prayers.

I want to suggest as we get closer to Good Friday, let us meditate on the Holy Wound of Christ; especially Our Father's right sholder which bore the heavy burden of the cross; very powerful prayers.

Thank you again and I will continue to watch the posts...

I fully agree here. What makes Ron different from other people predicting is the fact that he is basing his predictions on scripture and true private revelations and he is making strong incontestable correlations between them.

Likewise, Ron has always underlined his predictions with the disclaimer stating that his predictions are merely speculative. On the same account, i recall the priest of our parish who is known to be a mariologist and a great medjguroje devotee, claiming that Medjugorje apparitions will stop either in 2014 or in 2017. The former because the apparitions would have lasted 33 years the exact number of years that jesus spent on earth, and the latter because 100 years would have passed since fatima apparitions and mary said that she came to medjugorje to fulfill what she has begun in fatima, and mary said in several occasions that god granted satan 100 years of freedom, whereby his powers will be settled down once the secrets begin to unfold ( account mentioned in both fatima and medjugorje apparitions by our lady, in addition to a vision by pope leon 6).

That being said, we can speculate about the date of the secrets from now till the cow comes home , yet our speculation will remain out of tune if it is not based on escathological basis like Ron is doing, nonetheless.

Last edited by zouxi : 20th March 2010 at 07:55 PM.
Old 20th March 2010, 07:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zouxi View Post
On the same account, i recall the priest of our parish who is known to be a mariologist and a great medjguroje devotee, claiming that Medjugorje apparitions will stop either in 2014 or in 2017. The former because the apparitions would have lasted 33 years the exact number of years that jesus spent on earth, and the latter because 100 years would have passed since fatima apparitions and mary said that she came to medjugorje to fulfill what she has begun in fatima, and mary said in several occasions that god granted satan 100 years of freedom, whereby he his powers will be settled down once the secrets begin to unfold ( account mentioned in both fatima and medjugorje apparitions by our lady, in addition to a vision by pope leon 6).

The problem with this type of prediction (33 years, or 100 years, etc.) is that it is based on only one point. This happens very often. People e-mail me with an idea about the future, about an event or date. But the basis is only one thing; it is like a chair with one leg.

By comparison, my chronology of future events is supported by a comprehensive study and interpretation of numerous different sources, including many passages of the Bible, various private revelations, and the eschatological ideas of various Saints. These are all combined and interrelated in my work. So dates and time-frames and the order of various events have many points of support.

I can certainly be wrong on a particular date. But the set of dates and the whole structure of the chronology of the future has much support from many sources.
Old 21st March 2010, 04:45 PM

Default No denying one thing.....

Ron, whether someone agrees with you or not or believe what you speculate will happen or not, they cannot deny that it is based on impressive work.
Old 21st March 2010, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garabandalg View Post
Ron, whether someone agrees with you or not or believe what you speculate will happen or not, they cannot deny that it is based on impressive work.

yes indeed, i would add that Ron is one of few to say the least ( to not say the only one) among catholic theologians in the world who dares to tackle this weighty field in the theology which is escathology. Escathology needs deep and thorough studies and requires from the theologian a wide uderstanding in the field in order to make right correlations between scripture, TPR and other sources in order to come out with a certain array of possible/probable dates ( or at least time scheme) that fit well the events predicted in holy scripture.

Moreover, many people insist on attacking this kind of work because they believe that God wants to hide future events excplicitely on his children, that's why future events in scripture come in a vague descprition holding room for personal interpretation.

That being said, i tend to lean towards the latter point of view in terms of respecting God's mystery in adressing his children and guiding them onto the future with his wisdom and providence, yet i really appreciate sincere and impressive work in escathology specially what Ron is doing hereby, nonetheless.
Old 22nd March 2010, 07:07 AM
supporting member

Unlike last year, the approaching possible date for the Warning does not make me feel anxious. It will either happen or not, very simple. I told one friend about it recently, but that is all.

If it does not happen this year, I will conclude that it may not happen in my lifetime. Although, I am roughly the same age as Conchita's children and she stated that the Chastisement is going to "get her children."