CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Practical Preparations
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11th March 2010, 01:10 PM
Administrator

Default the Warning of Garabandal

spiritual preparations:

the usual preparation of Lent will also work to prepare us for the Warning: prayer, fasting, other acts of self-denial, works of mercy toward others. Also, a thorough examination of conscience and a good Confession will be immensely helpful. Going to Confession more than once this month will be beneficial.

Do not be afraid. Believing and practicing Catholics will have much less difficulty at the Warning than Catholics who have fallen away, than other believers, and than unbelievers.

practical preparations:

Not much is needed in this regard. I expect some brief disruptions in society after the Warning, but it is hard to say what this will be like. Some few persons will die at the shock of seeing their sins, some might commit suicide (unfortunately), some persons will be very distraught and inconsolable, some persons will seek to hide from their sins in indulgences of every kind, some persons will think it is the end of the world. But many persons will also repent and become closer to God.

[Isaiah]
{22:12} And in that day, the Lord, the God of hosts, will call to weeping and mourning, to baldness and the wearing of sackcloth.
{22:13} But behold: gladness and rejoicing, the killing of calves and the slaughter of rams, the eating of meat and the drinking of wine: “Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we will die.”
{22:14} And the voice of the Lord of hosts was revealed in my ears: “Surely this iniquity will not be forgiven you, until you die,” says the Lord, the God of hosts.
Old 11th March 2010, 01:26 PM
Administrator

Also, after the Warning, many false prophets and false teachers will rise up to try to explain (or explain away) that event. Many will claim that the end of the world is near, that Christ is returning for this generation, that the Antichrist is in the world today, and other false claims. There will be much confusion about whom people should believe.
Old 11th March 2010, 05:48 PM

Default Not surprise there

In all times of upheaval, there are opportunities to become closer to God as well as chances to fall farther from Him. This will be no different I assume
Old 11th March 2010, 06:00 PM
supporting member

Practical things to consider. Order spiritual literature you might be interested in now. I would anticipate these might be hard to get later. Schedule all sterilization reversals now. This might really be delayed secondary to the sheer volume and limited providers with this skill after the Warning.
Old 11th March 2010, 06:22 PM
Administrator

Also, rosaries and related pamphlets will probably sell out very quickly.

And if you were thinking about buying a new Bible, now would be the time.
I like the Ignatius Press, Revised Standard Version, Second Catholic Edition,
and the Baronius Press Douay-Rheims Bible.
(And of course my translation, the CPDV, is available free online.)
Old 12th March 2010, 08:03 AM
supporting member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Conte View Post
Also, after the Warning, many false prophets and false teachers will rise up to try to explain (or explain away) that event. Many will claim that the end of the world is near, that Christ is returning for this generation, that the Antichrist is in the world today, and other false claims. There will be much confusion about whom people should believe.

This is exactly what my husband has been saying will happen in regard to the Warning. He thinks that the academic world will deny it altogether and say that nothing happened. I can't see how this is possible, but he insists that it will not be taken seriously by academia. I can see his point, and it will be interesting and strange to hear how those in higher education will try to fit the Warning into their secular humanist curriculum and classroom discussions. I wonder if the Warning will change the whole discipline of philosophy, which is what my husband teaches.
Old 12th March 2010, 09:45 AM

I am currently studying philosophy. Perhaps it might indeed impact philosophy of religion, where the existence of God is itself a significant issue.
Old 14th March 2010, 07:10 PM

I thought the members of this group might be interested in something that a non-member who frequents the site mentioned to me. April 2 is the feast of St. Mary of Egypt- patron of penitents and reconciliation.
Old 14th March 2010, 07:31 PM
supporting member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arax View Post
I thought the members of this group might be interested in something that a non-member who frequents the site mentioned to me. April 2 is the feast of St. Mary of Egypt- patron of penitents and reconciliation.

Wow, thanks Arax. The life of St. Mary of Egypt is remarkable. How appropriate that the Warning would fall on her feast day. Also, she received Holy Communion for the last time on Holy Thursday (April 1) and then died. The date of her death, again, coincides with Holy Thursday this year.
Old 14th March 2010, 08:28 PM
Administrator

That coincidence must be providential.
Here is a brief account of her life:
http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/09763a.htm