CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Catholic Continuing Education > About This Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 1st April 2010, 12:37 AM

Send a message via MSN to Angela Send a message via Yahoo to Angela

Even though I haven't posted here in a very long time, due to some serious medical/psychological issues, I have been reading all along. In regards to those who do not agree with our beliefs, maybe we should look at it more from this standpoint: when I signed up, I agreed, and still do, with the beliefs, but my faith has taken a SERIOUS beating over the last few years, and this site has truly helped me. I guess what I'm trying to say, Ron, is that perhaps you would be able to see who is also not so much disagreeing as going through a trial, and possibly need reinforcement and truth? Just a thought.

Nice to see so many still here.
Old 1st April 2010, 02:50 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela View Post
Even though I haven't posted here in a very long time, due to some serious medical/psychological issues, I have been reading all along. In regards to those who do not agree with our beliefs, maybe we should look at it more from this standpoint: when I signed up, I agreed, and still do, with the beliefs, but my faith has taken a SERIOUS beating over the last few years, and this site has truly helped me. I guess what I'm trying to say, Ron, is that perhaps you would be able to see who is also not so much disagreeing as going through a trial, and possibly need reinforcement and truth? Just a thought.

Nice to see so many still here.

May God continue to give you His grace and providence, as well as healing in body and soul. I'm glad our humble posts here could help you through a difficult time. You are in our prayers.

I understand what you are saying about persons who have doubts or weakness in faith during trials, who need reassurance and strength. I will take that into consideration.

grace and peace to you,

Ron Conte
Old 1st April 2010, 03:16 AM

Send a message via MSN to Angela Send a message via Yahoo to Angela

Thank you, Ron
Old 1st April 2010, 10:02 AM
supporting member

Default You brought us this far

I will abide by your good judgement.
Old 1st April 2010, 04:33 PM

Ron, what is your feedback so far?
Old 1st April 2010, 04:43 PM
Administrator

I'm still considering what to do, but I'm leaning against admitting members who do not agree with the required beliefs. It is useful to have a group with similar beliefs, a group that is without much of the arguing that occurs in many discussion groups. But I haven't made a final decision yet.
Old 1st April 2010, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Conte View Post
but I'm leaning against admitting members who do not agree with the required beliefs. It is useful to have a group with similar beliefs, a group that is without much of the arguing that occurs in many discussion groups. But I haven't made a final decision yet.

Thank you Ron, this is a great news indeed. I am very happy to learn from you true catholic teachings and stay with a group/family that share me the same beliefs, it is harmony that makes the group grow and it makes their solidarity more solid

Peace & Blessings.
Old 1st April 2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Conte View Post
I'm considering making some changes to this group:

1. opening up the group to Catholics, even those that do not agree with all of the current 'required beliefs for membership'.

2. having another level of paid membership, perhaps $8/month

Comments or suggestions on this topic?
Non-members interested in commenting can e-mail me at:
theologian
the @ symbol
and then catholicplanet.com

Ron, we have all commented and given our opinions regarding the first point, however i wonder what is the purpose of having another paid membership ( 8$/month)? is it a way to make people who could not afford the first plan able to become supporting members by lowering the monthly fees ( or whatever it is called)?

Thank you.
Old 1st April 2010, 05:19 PM
Administrator

I will probably not have a new level of paid membership.
Old 1st April 2010, 09:24 PM

Ron,

This site is an excellent learning venue. Seeing and sharing with others like minded in faith, I believe allows us to stay on focus and possibly climb higher.
At the same time, we should share our faith and practices as Christ did. I don't think that translates directly into having to open or not-open the site though.

I guess the first question is, do you have the time and ability to manage more members, that is if you want to keep us honest & correct in Catholic Doctrine as you do today.

I don't see this as big issue either way. It's up to you.
I offer my prayers in your decision though.
Thanks for including us in the process.