CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Apparitions of Jesus or Mary
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10th September 2010, 09:47 PM
Mark

Default Elizabeth Kindelmann

Ron, have you ever heard of this mystic? Interesting article on her at http://spiritdaily.com/kindelman2.htm The little bit I have read on her seems sound.
Old 11th September 2010, 12:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Ron, have you ever heard of this mystic? Interesting article on her at http://spiritdaily.com/kindelman2.htm The little bit I have read on her seems sound.

I read through some of the messages from the website. Most of the messages of that claimed private revelation are unpublished and unavailable, so I urge caution.

In general, members should check with me by PM before posting about a claimed private revelation that is not mentioned anywhere on my list.
http://www.catholicplanet.com/apparitions/index.htm
Old 15th September 2010, 04:48 PM

Default Caution indeed...

Quote:
"My children," Mary concluded, "the Arm of my Divine Son is ready to strike. I can barely hold it back. Help me! If you invoke my Flame of Love, we can save the world together."

In my humble opinion, this particular message makes it seem as if Mary is "fighting" or 'struggling' with her Son, Jesus Christ for our sake. She would be "our hero". Wouldn't this be an exaltation of Mary over Christ, our God?...Instead of Mary being a messenger of Love (God), this message sounds as if Mary "has come from Heaven" to actually denounce something Christ has already decided to do and that she apparently doesn't agree with, fights against it, and request our help so God doesn't accomplish that Will. In reality, even the Wrath of God is Holy, just and merciful (and Mary knows that better because she is in Heaven). Furthermore, this message says that if we invoke her "Flame of Love, we can save the world". Love comes from God, Mary does not have her love apart from God (all her graces come from God), nor she is more loving than God.

However, the Mary from the Gospel is meek, surrendered completely to the Holy will of God, "I am the handmaid of the Lord. Let it be done to me according to Thy word.” (we notice here that Mary doesn't exalt herself no one bit). Mary from the Gospels instead of telling us to support her with something that is against God's will, she humbly tells us: “Do whatever He tells you.” Mary never says something like: "do something 'I' tell you". Big differences.

Last edited by Brother : 15th September 2010 at 04:51 PM.
Old 16th September 2010, 12:34 PM
Mark

Brother, I have read in many approved apparitions where Mary has used the same language. It is not inconceivable that Mary's love and compassion toward those who are headed to perdition is heart felt by her Son and He has extended his Mercy on us because of her. Mary knows the tribulation is coming and must come, but I for one am thankful that she has withheld the arm of her Son for a little longer. Not becuase she is God, but because her mercy is felt and acknowledged by God. Jesus has has made his mother an essential advocate in this time in history. I can remember my mother stepping in and delaying or lessening a spanking from my father when I was a youth. Thank God for mothers!
Old 16th September 2010, 02:48 PM
Administrator

If Mary can be said to be holding back the arm of her Son, this can only possibly be a figure of speech. Mary does not convince God to be more merciful, but rather she is a visible manifestation of His Own Infinite Mercy.
Old 16th September 2010, 05:37 PM
Mark

The Church often reminds us that Jesus performed his first miracle at Cana with the request of Mary, even though Jesus clearly said "it is not my time". I often hear the Church say that the reason we as Catholics appeal to his mother is because we know He can deny her nothing out of His love for her. That does not mean that Mary twists his arm or is in anyway all powerful. Mary can do nothing without God and she clearly say's this in the Magnificat. It is because of her humility that her son can not refuse her requests. Mary knows The chastisements must take place in our world, just like she knew what had to take place in the passion of our her son. She has said in messages to Pedro Regis that she can no longer hold back the wrath of God. More specific she knows that the time has come and she, like her son, understands it is now time for our world to bow to God's justice via the first tribulation.
Old 16th September 2010, 07:35 PM

I'm not saying one should not seek Mary's intercession before our Lord, this is a basic Catholic belief. Actually, one should do it every day with the Holy Rosary devotion. It is just the way how this particular message was presented that made me think about the authenticity of that particular private revelation. When Mary interceded at Cana, she did it in a very sublime and humble way, not sort of imposing it. Anyhow, I haven't said or concluded that this particular private revelation is false but one should be cautious, analyzing it well before giving it a final conclusion.
Old 16th September 2010, 08:02 PM
Administrator

Whenever Mary intercedes, she first receives prevenient grace, then subsequently she cooperates with grace. And all the graces that she receives are from Christ directly. So it can only be a figure of speech to say that Mary appeals to Christ and convinces him of something. She cannot appeal unless He first granted to her the grace to move her to appeal.

At Cana, Jesus knew in advance what she would ask, and he spoke so as to teach her, and not as if he needed convincing.

[John 2]
{2:1} And on the third day, a wedding was held in Cana of Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there.
{2:2} Now Jesus was also invited to the wedding, with his disciples.

This marriage was the first Sacrament of Marriage; the groom (and bride also I think) were disciplies of Christ (as Bl. Emmerich tells us).

{2:3} And when the wine was failing, the mother of Jesus said to him, “They have no wine.”

Mary did not mean that they were lacking in literal wine. She meant that they had only natural marriage, not yet the Sacrament of Marriage. Natural marriage is like water, and the Sacrament of Marriage is like wine. She understood that Jesus was establishing Sacraments, based on the OT prefigurement of the sacraments in OT ceremonies. She was asking for the Sacrament of Marriage, not only for this couple, but for all Christian couples.

{2:4} And Jesus said to her: “What is that to me and to you, woman? My hour has not yet arrived.”

He is teaching her (and us) that all the Sacraments are derived from the hour of His Passion, and that the state of life of Jesus and Mary (celibacy and virginity) is greater than marriage.

{2:5} His mother said to the servants, “Do whatever he tells you.”

She knew that Jesus was planning to establish the Sacrament of Marriage regardless of what she said. She gives us an example of trust and faith in Jesus.
Old 24th August 2011, 11:49 PM
Administrator

I don't find enough information on that website to evaluate this claimed private revelation. The mere fact that a book about a cpr has the imprimatur does not imply approval for the claimed revelation.

Are the rules of this group on claimed private revelations not clear? I do not want this group to be used to promote any claimed private revelation, (other than those on my true list, or to a Saint or Blessed, or to a Pope). Are you not concerned that by jumping quickly to the conclusion that a cpr is true, and then by promoting it, you might mistakenly promote a false revelation, one from fallen angels?

If you read on a website about a new treatment for an illness, would you immediately believe it and start promoting it? What if it turns out to do more harm than good?

Do NOT promote any claimed private revelation, even if you personally think that it is true, without my prior approval.