CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Ecumenism > Other Religions/Spirituality
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23rd November 2010, 04:55 PM

Question Why Islam Spreading in Europe?

Now I see that Islam is spreading in Europe, and there is a chance that Islam will conquer Europe just like Ron said.

Questions in my mind is, what European people think about Islam? What make it better than Christianity and how Islam can be spread in Europe? I think European find much interesting in Islam, but I don't know what European people might think about Islam. Why they're interested in Islam?

What do you think Ron? Do European people have tired and bored with Christianity?

Thanks.
Old 23rd November 2010, 05:06 PM
Administrator

I really don't know why there would be interest among Christians in converting to Islam. However, many of the Muslims in Europe have emigrated there from Muslim nations.
Old 23rd November 2010, 05:27 PM

Hmm I think maybe Islam more respect on woman, especially woman's body, and Islam culture might seem to be able to protect them from used as object or sex symbol?

I don't know but I think one about what good in Islam is they're really sensitive about sex and clothes and seems to have many factual/actual 'rules' to protect woman which is very lack in Christianity.

What I said here is in perspective of Modern Islam not the Traditional Islam.

Traditional Islam is very strict and Modern Islam is softer, so I think Modern Islam is better than Traditional Islam

whether

Traditional Catholic is strict and Modern Catholic is too liberal. So I think that Traditional Catholic in some sense is better than liberal Catholic don't you think?

But I think the first reason is Islam can provide more protective way to protect woman from being used as an object, again in perspective of Modern Islam not the Traditionalist one. The Traditionalist is too extreme and now it soften and become Modern Islam, at least I see this in Islam in my country not in Arab.
Old 23rd November 2010, 05:33 PM
Administrator

See this video, it was posted already here and you probably missed it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-3X5hIFXYU
Old 23rd November 2010, 05:42 PM
Jeanne D'Arc

Also, Muslims have babies. Lots of babies and their population is growing with their birth-rate. They are admonished to procreate and they obey.
Old 24th November 2010, 09:48 AM

Thanks Brother and Jeane.

So in simple, Muslim's population growth due to increasing Muslim's immigration in Europe nations.

They plant seeds and the seeds growth...

I see...
Old 25th November 2010, 09:32 AM

[quote=ExCelciuS;35112]Hmm I think maybe Islam more respect on woman, especially woman's body, and Islam culture might seem to be able to protect them from used as object or sex symbol?

I donít know how you came to that conclusion; you can be assured the only true respect for women comes from Christianity.
The scribes and Pharisees brought unto Jesus a woman taken in adultery
Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
So when they continued asking him, Jesus said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

Some Islamic counties still stone women & wouldn't know how to respect them.

Have you heard of The Stoning of Soraya Manutchehri

Trouble is Europe is no longer Christian, it is secular.
Old 25th November 2010, 12:31 PM
Administrator

I agee with imperial.
Old 25th November 2010, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperial View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExCelciuS View Post
Hmm I think maybe Islam more respect on woman, especially woman's body, and Islam culture might seem to be able to protect them from used as object or sex symbol?

I donít know how you came to that conclusion; you can be assured the only true respect for women comes from Christianity.
The scribes and Pharisees brought unto Jesus a woman taken in adultery
Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
So when they continued asking him, Jesus said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

Some Islamic counties still stone women & wouldn't know how to respect them.

Have you heard of The Stoning of Soraya Manutchehri

Trouble is Europe is no longer Christian, it is secular.

Hmm that is Traditionalist / Radical Islam..., I don't agree with their method too..., but Islam in my country is not like that, except Islam in NAD (Nangroe Aceh Darussalam) which is just one province out of 33 provinces of Indonesia...

Maybe Islam which is now spreading in Europe is not Radical Islam, but 'softer' version of Islam...

In some sense, I agree with dressing culture in Modest ( 'softer' ) Islam, they're more polite I think... (note that: I don't agree with burqa)

I like to see Muslim woman when go to pray at mosque, the're using Jilbāb which is a very polite clothes, and do you know that their dresses ( Jilbab ) is like Mary's dress , using a veil on her head, and politely covering their entire body..., yea.. this is a very good clothes I think..

And about Hijab, this is some sort of guide of dressing in Islam, which is good for them I think, it bounds them so they don't go wild ( like dressing of secular society, some catholics too! ) , and it's good, do we as Catholic have some sort of this guide of dressing just like in Islam?

They have standard in dressing while I don't know if Catholic have standard in dressing or not..., and I think it's better to have a standard in everything so it don't go wild...

Note again that I don't agree with burqa, but I agree with Jilbab ( it's like burqa but with face open)

Some info for Jilbab and Hijab:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jilb%C4%81b
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hijab

Last edited by ExCelciuS : 25th November 2010 at 01:21 PM.
Old 25th November 2010, 07:04 PM
Administrator

As far as I know, the teaching for women wearing a veil is inside a Church temple only, so there is nothing wrong for women not wearing veils on the streets.

Notice how the Virgin appeared at Garabandal:

Also, personally, a veil doesn't necessarily has to cover all the woman's hair, it can show some of her hair which is part of the beauty of a woman given by God. The veil purpose is an external sign to differentiate the roles between women and men.

Going back to the spread of Islam in Europe and much closely here in the US too, it is due to immigration and, as Jeanne said, they obey regarding procreation and we, (or the majority of Christians) don't. Most of us - sadly - ignore Humanae Vitae because of selfishness, and this will bring its consequences - bad consequences.