CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Catholicism > Books and articles by Ron Conte
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 7th April 2011, 04:29 PM
Administrator

Default My books in Kindle format

I'm considering putting my books in Kindle format. Price would be $9.99 for each title. I believe this would make my books available in nations where the printed books are not available, or have expensive shipping.

Do any members living outside the U.S. know if Kindle books are available from Amazon in your area?

Would any members or non-member readers be more likely to buy my books if they were available for Kindle?

You don't need a kindle device to read kindle books. They have a free Kindle software program for PC (Windows 7, Vista, and XP) that can read the books also.
Old 7th April 2011, 05:02 PM

I certainly would be interested...in fact just yesterday I was just wondering about that very possibility!
Old 7th April 2011, 06:44 PM
Jeanne D'Arc

I received a Kindle as a Christmas gift and I would dearly love to get your books on that.
Old 7th April 2011, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Conte View Post
I'm considering putting my books in Kindle format. Price would be $9.99 for each title. I believe this would make my books available in nations where the printed books are not available, or have expensive shipping.

Do any members living outside the U.S. know if Kindle books are available from Amazon in your area?

Would any members or non-member readers be more likely to buy my books if they were available for Kindle?

You don't need a kindle device to read kindle books. They have a free Kindle software program for PC (Windows 7, Vista, and XP) that can read the books also.

I think it is a very good idea even though I do not have yet a kindle, I think the trend is going that way.
For this was I born, and for this came I into the world; that I should give testimony to the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice. (Jh:18:37)
Old 8th April 2011, 12:12 AM
supporting member

Default A good idea

I have a Kindle and would want to own all of your books that I do not yet own if they were available on Kindle.
Old 8th April 2011, 12:37 AM
Administrator

OK, I'm working on it.
first kindle book, Apocalypse Survival Guide for Christians

Then I think I will try to put the Catechism of Catholic Ethics in
kindle format, but that will be time consuming.
Old 8th April 2011, 04:44 AM

Ron,

If Kindle refers to downloadble e-books, do it immediately.

Let me give you some demographics on the Catholic population of India:

a) Almost 75% of the 17 million Christians are Catholic
b) Almost 90% of the Catholics are educated to qualify for academic degrees.
c) The only source of Universal (non localized) Christian religious instruction, worship or discourse in the media is a TV Channel called God TV whose content is hardly aligned with Catholic dogma.
d) Almost all Christian religious books by authors who are either Protestant or secular rationalists without an inkling of dogmatic parameters even though their intentions maybe laudible.
e) The sheer force of numbers in the face of Hindu and Muslim intolerance to Christianity, begs for true spiritual reinforcement of our faith

I just googled Kindle, Ron and its do-able!...I doubt many kindle reading devices will be prevalent here, but yes theres a free kindle for PC software thats downloadable.

A relation of mine I think publishes books. What if you printed and published here itself?..The books would be cheaper and no shipping at all!

But whichever way, you need exposure. The one most effective and effiecient method it to use the church itself. Especially if there's a US based priest who's either an Indian himself, or an american catholic priest with ties to India. The Franciscan Order is extremely popular and vigorous here. Some of the biggest printing presses are controlled by the church.

Another way would be to find someone to sponsor you on GOD TV. Fabulously expensive I 'd think.

Last edited by feyfifer : 8th April 2011 at 05:28 AM.
Old 8th April 2011, 04:48 AM

Or another thing,..My god, why didnt I think of it first!!!!!

Just make a presentation series of your own Ron,...I'll try to have it broadcast on our localised CATHOLIC TV network..

Its very simple, i have a modest studio of my own, I'd be priveleged to help without making any claims on you..!
Old 8th April 2011, 10:59 AM
Administrator

I think I will work on the ebooks first.
I'm not interested in doing TV.
I will think about the idea of having books printed in India.
Old 12th April 2011, 11:16 AM
Administrator

My new book
Apocalypse Survival Guide for Christians
is now available as a Kindle eBook at Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/Apocalypse-Sur...dp/B004W4MLWK/

I hope to have my book
Catechism of Catholic Ethics
available for the Kindle in a day or two.