CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Practical Preparations
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10th August 2011, 05:22 PM
Administrator

Default Food Storage

Preparations for the Tribulation: food storage
http://ronconte.wordpress.com/2011/0...-food-storage/

many more suggestions for food storage and other preparations in my book:
http://www.catholicplanet.com/apocalypse/index.htm

Even Dilbert and Alice are preparing...sort of:
http://dilbert.com/strips/comic/2011-07-31/
Old 11th August 2011, 11:25 AM

That Alice is a cagey little critter.

Joey
Old 18th August 2011, 10:56 PM
Administrator

I've begun storing some food. I'm working on slowly building up a 90 person-day supply of food that does not need refrigeration, some of which can be prepared without cooking, and that has a good balance of protein, fat, and carbs.

90 person days is
1 person for 90 days
or
2 persons for 45 days
or
3 persons for 30 days
etc.
Old 7th September 2011, 03:40 AM

Ok. I got it. I read your link about the tribulation. Thanks.
Old 10th September 2011, 11:15 AM

Ron, once the tribulation starts and it is evident, ... at least to believers ... that the end is nigh, wont there be heavenly intervention by God and His angels to save good people from harm and starvation?...I mean people who have repented, heeded God's prophets, and pray ardently...would they left to fend for themselves during the tribulation?
Old 10th September 2011, 11:25 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by feyfifer View Post
Ron, once the tribulation starts and it is evident, ... at least to believers ... that the end is nigh, wont there be heavenly intervention by God and His angels to save good people from harm and starvation?...I mean people who have repented, heeded God's prophets, and pray ardently...would they left to fend for themselves during the tribulation?
The good will suffer with the bad. The Church will suffer greatly. The tribulation is the figurative Passion and Crucifixion of the Church. Yes, the faithful will have the help of Providence, and Grace, and even Miracles. But we must suffer as Christ our Lord suffered, and many good persons will die.

This is what our Lady said at Akita:

"As I told you, if men do not repent and better themselves, the Father will inflict a terrible punishment on all humanity. It will be a punishment greater than the deluge, such as one will never seen before. Fire will fall from the sky and will wipe out a great part of humanity, the good as well as the bad, sparing neither priests nor faithful. The survivors will find themselves so desolate that they will envy the dead. The only arms which will remain for you will be the Rosary and the Sign left by My Son. Each day recite the prayers of the Rosary. With the Rosary, pray for the Pope, the bishops and priests."

"The work of the devil will infiltrate even into the Church in such a way that one will see cardinals opposing cardinals, bishops against bishops. The priests who venerate me will be scorned and opposed by their confreres...churches and altars sacked; the Church will be full of those who accept compromises and the demon will press many priests and consecrated souls to leave the service of the Lord.

"The demon will be especially implacable against souls consecrated to God. The thought of the loss of so many souls is the cause of my sadness. If sins increase in number and gravity, there will be no longer pardon for them"
Old 12th September 2011, 02:20 PM

Default No shortcuts to salvation

We can no more escape suffering for Our Lord than Our Lord Himself did, and should not expect such easy exits. Following Christ means just that, and not slipping out the side when the Cross comes our way.
Old 12th September 2011, 07:26 PM
Administrator

yes, we will suffer no matter how well we prepare; but prudent preparations are still of some use.
Old 14th September 2011, 06:09 PM

Default It's our attitude toward preparation.....

Yes, preparations are good, but one must prepare in order to minimize suffering and maximize blessing as much as possible and not, as many do, to try and avoid suffering altogether because this latter approach assumes that such avoidance is even possible much less desirable most of the time.
Old 14th September 2011, 06:13 PM
Administrator

good point.