CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Apparitions of Jesus or Mary
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 3rd February 2012, 06:53 PM

Default Stefania caterina???

Greetings Ron,

I would like to know your vauable opinion about a claimed private revelation to a nun from Italy(or so-called) called stefania caterina...she wrote about a book about what Jesus told her called beyond the great barrier kindle edition and another book of her...

This is puzzling me, she claims that she visits other planets and that God has created other populations in other planets...she claims to receive messages from st. michael, the archangel rapahel and Jesus personally...

Hope you can find enough material to state out your verdict...

I will be waiting Ron, Thank you indeed.

N.B: I was reading last week something about vassula ryden and i did not know if she was real or not, i searched your website to find out the truth, and my skepticism was in place since she is fake and her messages are not from God.

Thank you.
Old 3rd February 2012, 07:48 PM
Administrator

Stefania Caterina

She claims that she visits other planets and that God has created other populations in other planets. This type of messages is characteristic of false private revelation. The message of salvation in Tradition, Scripture, Magisterium, and in true private revelation is always about this world and this human race.

The group of her followers say that they have no hierarchy, claim to be led directly by the Holy Spirit, and claim that "Any structure or hierarchy of human life in fact stifles the spirit." This type of doctrine implicitly rejects the hierarchy of the Church, and of the family, and of an ordered civil society. This idea is indicative of false private revelation, since it implicitly rejects the structure that God gave to humanity, as well as the authority of the Church. The idea of being directly led by the Spirit, instead of the Spirit guiding the Church (with its hierarchy) is a Protestant idea, not compatible with Catholicism.

Some of the messages further undermine the Catholic Church by representing the Church as merely a collection of believers with different ideas: "I appeal to you, Catholics, Orthodox, Protestants, Anglicans, etc.., Etc.. Who are you? What are you? My witnesses or witnesses of yourself, your ideas, your theology, your human interests?"

The messages mention the alleged Archangel Uriel and others.

"At the Council of Rome of 745, Pope St. Zachary, intending to clarify the Church's teaching on the subject of angels and curb a tendency toward angel worship, condemned obsession with angelic intervention and angelolatry, but reaffirmed the approval of the practice of the reverence of angels. This synod struck many angels' names from the list of those eligible for veneration in the Church of Rome, including Uriel. Only the reverence of the archangels mentioned in the recognized Catholic canon of scriptures, Michael, Gabriel and Raphael, remained licit."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uriel

She also suggests that the human persons makes some type of conscious choice at conception; this claim is false and absurd, since the human person does not have the use of reason to understand anything, and therefore cannot choose at that point in development.

The messages to Stefania Caterina are false private revelation.
Old 3rd February 2012, 10:27 PM

thank you ron...it is a great relief for me to know that she is not from god
Old 3rd February 2012, 10:33 PM

ron, i understand now that this is a fpr. however, i found some sound theological insights. can a fpr seer have good intentions or always fpr come from demonic activity?
Old 3rd February 2012, 11:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zouxi View Post
ron, i understand now that this is a fpr. however, i found some sound theological insights. can a fpr seer have good intentions or always fpr come from demonic activity?

False private revelations always mix in some truth with the falsehoods, so as to draw in the faithful. This is bait for the trap. It may be from fallen angels, or from the false visionary.

When I bait a mousetrap, I use real cheese (or real peanut butter) from my refrigerator. It is real food, used to set the trap.

Similarly, there are always some truths in FPRs, used as bait.

Be very careful though, because what seems like a theological insight, might be a distorted truth. Subtle distortions in theology are difficult for most Catholics to discern.
Old 4th February 2012, 06:20 PM

Ron,

Interesting information on the angels. I often have people who come into our store and ask for items on Uriel. I've discouraged any devotion to him, but it was mostly based on the lack of information available about him. I wasn't confident that he was considered worthy of veneration by the church. Anyway, the information you supplied is very valuable to me.

Julie
Old 4th February 2012, 08:21 PM
Administrator

Good, glad I could help.
Old 5th February 2012, 08:18 PM

Ron, is it possible that a person receives a tpr from god then afterwards, and due to the lack of cooperation with this grace given, become a fpr (demonic, illusion, etc...)?
and if this happens, how can the faithful discern and split the tpr part and the fpr part?

thank you

Last edited by zouxi : 5th February 2012 at 08:20 PM.
Old 5th February 2012, 08:47 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zouxi View Post
Ron, is it possible that a person receives a tpr from god then afterwards, and due to the lack of cooperation with this grace given, become a fpr (demonic, illusion, etc...)?
and if this happens, how can the faithful discern and split the tpr part and the fpr part?

thank you

I think that if a person is claiming any type of false private revelation, it is best to ignore all that they say. Even if there is some good in a FPR, it is like cheese in a mouse trap; it is dangerous to the soul to try to take the good and leave the bad. These types of messages can have some truth, but the falsehoods are not so easily identified in every case.

So it is dangerous to take the point of view that maybe the earlier messages were true, and the later ones false. I suggest that you completely disregard the message of this Stefania Caterina.

Whatever is important to salvation in any true private revelation, is also found in Tradition, Scripture, Magisterium. So seek truth there.
Old 5th February 2012, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Conte View Post
I think that if a person is claiming any type of false private revelation, it is best to ignore all that they say. Even if there is some good in a FPR, it is like cheese in a mouse trap; it is dangerous to the soul to try to take the good and leave the bad. These types of messages can have some truth, but the falsehoods are not so easily identified in every case.

So it is dangerous to take the point of view that maybe the earlier messages were true, and the later ones false. I suggest that you completely disregard the message of this Stefania Caterina.

Whatever is important to salvation in any true private revelation, is also found in Tradition, Scripture, Magisterium. So seek truth there.

thAnk you ron, i will refrain from reading anything from stefania caterina...i asked this question because caterina was living for a long time in medjugorje and apparently she was close to father vlasic.