CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Catholic Continuing Education > Prayer, Self-denial, Works of Mercy
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 2nd March 2012, 10:48 AM
Erin Rose

Default Liturgical year for the Catholic Christian

Does anyone feel that their lives closely follow the liturgical year of the Church and have no control over circumstances that beset them?
I have for many years noted that when lent arrives I have extra burdens to carry and many unforeseen trials pop up all over the place.
There normally is a relief that used to come on Easter Sunday but over the last 12 years the relief does not come until Divine Mercy Sunday.
At present this seeming extra suffering has happened again and I find myself redoubling my efforts in prayer just to be able to sustain the crosses. Of course the crosses come in very human forms and at times I find myself pleading with our Lady for no more but then I feel very selfish.
During this Lent I will offer my rosary for all the members of this forum that are suffering extra burdens and I ask that you will also pray for me.
Old 2nd March 2012, 12:49 PM
Jeanne D'Arc

"God never gives me more than I can handle. I just wish He didn't trust me so much!" Blessed Teresa of Calcutta My prayers are with you.
Old 3rd March 2012, 04:58 AM

Carolyn,

I completely agree! My wife and I joke about it every Lent. At the same time though, I feel such a deeper peace than during the other periods of the liturgical year and am always a little let down and disappointing once Pentecost has passed. Funny how things work sometimes....

-Jay
Old 9th March 2012, 10:14 AM
Erin Rose

Dear Jay,
I wish I experienced your deeper peace during Lent. All I can do is pray that the Lord does not forget me, the worm that I am.
Please do not fret that I call myself a worm for even this tiny worm has the audacity to crawl up the cross so I can place my worm body between a splinter and our dear Lords feet, hopeful to relieve some pain.