CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Ecumenism > Other Religions/Spirituality
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 5th March 2012, 12:33 AM
Mark

Default Religion of Global Warming

This is one of the best presentations I have heard on the religion of global warming and how it evolved from Hitlers Eugenics of the 40's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMFAh...ayer_embedded#!

It also reveals Obama's real desire and push to spread contraception, sterilization and abortion throughout the world.
Old 5th March 2012, 01:34 AM
Administrator

I think that is an unbelievable stretch, to connect those two very different ideas. I really do not want this discussion group to turn into a place for this kind of highly questionable material.

Also, just in general, Michael Voris' material is generally not a reliable source of information on Catholic teaching. He over-simplifies. He has a poor understanding of doctrine and of theological concepts. He has no books or articles of theology. Yet he presents himself as if he were a teacher of Catholicism.

There is a push by the current administration to spread "abortion rights" and apparently now also contraception rights throughout the world. But I think Voris' analysis is not insightful.
Old 5th March 2012, 12:49 PM
Mark

Ron, have you looked at the video? If so, I would like you to comment specifically on what is wrong or a strectch within it, as I feel it is exactly what is going on. He surely provides enough facts within it that would support his premis. I think Michael has allot of good articles and although some may disagree with his style or methodologies, I think he is a good Catholic man with much to offer the Church.
Old 5th March 2012, 02:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Ron, have you looked at the video? If so, I would like you to comment specifically on what is wrong or a strectch within it, as I feel it is exactly what is going on. He surely provides enough facts within it that would support his premis. I think Michael has allot of good articles and although some may disagree with his style or methodologies, I think he is a good Catholic man with much to offer the Church.

Is it just your assertion, or did Voris also say: that global warming is related to Hitler's eugenics? This assertion is an absurd falsehood. I will be deleting this thread because of that harmful false claim.

Michael Voris teaches abject heresy:
http://ronconte.wordpress.com/2011/0...-voris-errors/

He offers the members of the Church grave harm by the spread of serious doctrinal errors. He does not write theology. Instead, he uses videos to present a distorted and over-simplified version of the Catholic Faith, leading many souls astray.

Also, he should not be presenting the conservative political position on global warming as if it were Catholic doctrine, or closely related to Catholic doctrine. Conservativism is not Catholicism.

[edited to add: I might not delete the thread.]
Old 6th March 2012, 05:44 PM
Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Conte View Post
Is it just your assertion, or did Voris also say: that global warming is related to Hitler's eugenics? This assertion is an absurd falsehood. I will be deleting this thread because of that harmful false claim.

Michael Voris teaches abject heresy:
http://ronconte.wordpress.com/2011/0...-voris-errors/

He offers the members of the Church grave harm by the spread of serious doctrinal errors. He does not write theology. Instead, he uses videos to present a distorted and over-simplified version of the Catholic Faith, leading many souls astray.

Also, he should not be presenting the conservative political position on global warming as if it were Catholic doctrine, or closely related to Catholic doctrine. Conservativism is not Catholicism.

Ron, he is not teaching doctrine (teaching on faith or morals) in this video. I would assume that you had watched it before you condemn his argument. I do not understand how you can claim Michael Voris as a heretic "spreading doctrinal errors". I think he is a very good apologist and we need them. Does everyone have to agree on methodology in order to be a good Catholic? I feel you are being very judgemental in his regard, as I have not heard one thing he has taught in the areas of faith and morals that goes against what I undrstand the Chruches position to be.

I am no theologian, but I have studied the Churches teaching over the past 30 years and feel I have a good understanding of much of it. Although you say he is distorting the faith, I have not seen it. I would like to see the full context of what someone has said before I can make the same conclusion.

It is true that conservatism is not Catholicism, but truth is.

Last edited by Mark : 6th March 2012 at 05:46 PM.
Old 6th March 2012, 05:57 PM
Jeanne D'Arc

I have to agree, Mark. It may be that some of his teaching is simplistic, but the same has been said here about Mother Angelica and other EWTN speakers. But in this world of evil any way that truth and light can be brought into hearts must have a place. As long as no doctrine is being tweaked than there must be room for the people proclaiming. I like this website. I like EWTN. I like Michael Voris. I like Michael Brown, I also like Pope Benedict and Mother Theresa. I am a proponent of Medjugorie and Garabandal. Pedro Regis- not so much. But let's not throw the baby out with the bath water.
Peace.
Joan
Old 6th March 2012, 06:54 PM
Administrator

former member "Mark" is banned from this discussion group for the following reasons:

1. asserting that "the religion of global warming ... evolved from Hitlers Eugenics of the 40's".

2. following the heretical teacher Michael Voris

member "Jeanne D'Arc" is suspended for the folllowing reason:

1. following the heretical teacher Michael Voris

[update: Jeanne D'Arc is now banned due to the contents of a PM that she sent to me.]
Old 6th March 2012, 07:10 PM
Administrator

For a full explanation of Michael Voris' grave doctrinal errors, see this post:
Michael Voris: summary of doctrinal errors

Michael Voris teaches grave errors on Judaism, including the false claim that Judaism has been a false man-made religion since the first century A.D.
His teaching on this topic contradicts Sacred Scripture and the teachings of the Magisterium.

His teaching is contradicted by this address of Pope Benedict:

His Bishop condemned his teaching on this topic in a public statement.

Voris teaches a severely distorted doctrine on Hell and the judgment of God, including the claim that the judgment of God is just, but not merciful:
"But when you stand in front of the Just Judge, mercy has come to an end."

Worse still is his heretical teaching on the three Persons of the Trinity:

Michael Voris explicitly plainly repeatedly teaches the heretical claim that the Divine Nature is divided into attributes and these attributes are distributed among the Three Persons.

Any member of this discussion group who follows Michael Voris, or who considers him to be a reliable or faithful teacher of Catholicism, is not welcome in this discussion group.

[Titus]
{3:10} Avoid a man who is a heretic, after the first and second correction,
{3:11} knowing that one who is like this has been subverted, and that he offends; for he has been condemned by his own judgment.
Old 6th March 2012, 11:01 PM
Michael

I disagree with you Ron. I have followed Boris for a while now and I think he is a fresh shot in the arm for the catholic church. It is obvious he fully loves the church and he urges me to love the church more. I recently met the man and I liked him even more. His talk on life issues was so awesome that the mc was embarrassed to move on to normal buisness. By the way his message was abortion is bad but the real fight is good versus evil and that the condition of our souls in relation to Jesus is the most important thing.

He may as you say be off a bit here and there but to vilify him as you are is uncalled for. You know what, if he was taking a hard line stand against the issues you bring up I would feel different. The amount of information he puts out is large and it gets people discussing these things, which is a god thing in my opinion.

Unlike you who must ban and chastise. I have defended your socially inept ways in the past but this is too much. I hope you the best and do appreciate your fight for the one true church, butt I am banning myself. Thanks and god speed. Jesus loves you.
Old 6th March 2012, 11:10 PM
Administrator

former member "Michael" is now banned for supporting the heretic Michael Voris.

The errors that Voris makes are not minor theological errors, nor are they errors within open questions. He teaches ideas that are directly contrary to clear and definitive teachings of the Magisterium. His condemnation of all of Judaism as a false man-made religion is theologically indefensible. His teaching on the Trinity is entirely incompatible with Catholic dogma on the Nature of God.

Michael Voris' understanding of Catholic theology is literally at the level of a high school student, and not one who would be at the head of his class. And yet he makes himself out to be a teacher, and presents his severe errors as if they were Church teaching.

He is the blind leading the blind into a pit. Any member of this discussion group who follows him is not welcome here.