CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Apparitions of Jesus or Mary
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 30th May 2012, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Default Norms for judging CPR

The Holy See has released the norms used to judge a claimed private revelation:
http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/co...izioni_en.html

Among other criteria, they list:
"A) Positive Criteria:
2. As regards revelation: true theological and spiritual doctrine and immune from error;
B) Negative Criteria:
b) Doctrinal errors attributed to God himself, or to the Blessed Virgin Mary, or to some saint in their manifestations, taking into account however the possibility that the subject might have added, even unconsciously, purely human elements or some error of the natural order to an authentic supernatural revelation"

I've been saying this for some time now. A CPR that teaches doctrinal errors in its messages cannot be from Heaven. Conversely, the TPR not only lacks such errors, but teaches sound doctrine in a heavenly manner, with the profound yet subtle wisdom of God. And I've often noted that a TPR could have some limited errors due to misunderstandings of the visionary.

The problem, of course, is that the application of these norms is by the temporal authority of the Church, which is fallible. In judging the facts of a case, they can be misinformed, or they can err, even to the extent of approving of a FPR and rejecting a TPR. So the decision under these norms is not definitive.
Old 30th May 2012, 01:26 PM

Default Medjugorje commission

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Conte View Post
The Holy See has released the norms used to judge a claimed private revelation:
http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/co...izioni_en.html

Among other criteria, they list:
"A) Positive Criteria:
2. As regards revelation: true theological and spiritual doctrine and immune from error;
B) Negative Criteria:
b) Doctrinal errors attributed to God himself, or to the Blessed Virgin Mary, or to some saint in their manifestations, taking into account however the possibility that the subject might have added, even unconsciously, purely human elements or some error of the natural order to an authentic supernatural revelation"

I've been saying this for some time now. A CPR that teaches doctrinal errors in its messages cannot be from Heaven. Conversely, the TPR not only lacks such errors, but teaches sound doctrine in a heavenly manner, with the profound yet subtle wisdom of God. And I've often noted that a TPR could have some limited errors due to misunderstandings of the visionary.

The problem, of course, is that the application of these norms is by the temporal authority of the Church, which is fallible. In judging the facts of a case, they can be misinformed, or they can err, even to the extent of approving of a FPR and rejecting a TPR. So the decision under these norms is not definitive.

The report on Medjugorje is to be completed and provided to The Holy See before this year end.

Might the publication of these norms be in anticipation of that
Old 30th May 2012, 01:42 PM
Administrator

Perhaps. I'm sure that the commission will condemn Medjugorje, and the condemnation of Garabandal will quickly follow. There is a committee/administrative aspect to this process; it is not an act of the Magisterium. And so the decision can err. Also, it is unlikely that a set of on-going apparitions could receive approval; they have no way of knowing what will be said next in the messages.

Medjugorje will be wrongly condemned by the commission, and then there will be a falling away. Subsequently, the Warning, Consolation, and Miracle will restore everyone's faith in Medj and Garabandal.
Old 23rd October 2012, 06:02 PM
supporting member

Ron,

What is your opinion of the claimed apparitions to Sister Justine Bisqueyburo, a Daughter of Charity, in the early 1840ís in Paris, France, and of the green scapular?

http://www.greenscapular.com/

I don't see it on your list of true or false CPR.

If it is true, do you or anyone here at CP have any stories of conversions through the green scapular?

I am eager to help my family to open their hearts to God, but words have failed. I need the Blessed Mother to obtain graces from her Son.
Old 23rd October 2012, 06:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredcello View Post
Ron,

What is your opinion of the claimed apparitions to Sister Justine Bisqueyburo, a Daughter of Charity, in the early 1840ís in Paris, France, and of the green scapular?

I don't see it on your list of true or false CPR.

If it is true, do you or anyone here at CP have any stories of conversions through the green scapular?

I am eager to help my family to open their hearts to God, but words have failed. I need the Blessed Mother to obtain graces from her Son.

Yes, the green scapular is a true devotion. The site that you gave is useful:

But beware of the false private revelations to
Anna Marie of GreenScapular.org
They are promoting an FPR under the guise of promoting the green scapular.