CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Practical Preparations
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 9th September 2012, 08:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapinu33 View Post
My father in law told me that they would never have survived the Depression if it wasn't for their family milk cow. They moved from the city to the country and raised chickens and a milk cow.
I am increasing my chickens to 18 this next month and have been researching information on getting a milk cow. I am looking at getting a jersey cow so I can make quality cheeses. As well as an older child I have 2 toddlers and want to keep them as healthy as possible in the times ahead of us all. Also it helps to feed others in need. I have horses already but the commitment to a cow is huge as they have to be milked twice a day. My husband wants us to wait for as long as possible before getting one.
We must all prepare each to our own needs and situations.
God Bless.

Do you have enough land to grow some crops?
It's also possible to plant fruit trees, or nut trees, for some additional sources of food.
Old 9th September 2012, 10:42 PM

Speaking of garden and fruit trees, I live on 1 1/2 acres of land. My wife and I have a large garden, rasberry/strawberry plants, peach, apple, pear and cherry trees and also have grapes.

This years garden produced green beans, zucchini, tomatoes, onions, potatoes, basil, beets, carrots, cucumbers and lettuce.

Usually we get a decent amount of fruit every year but do to frost this year it destroyed flowering buds.

We also have chickens that produce eggs and we are going to purchase meat birds.

Whatever is going to happen in our future as Catholics we must all remember those famous words that Our Precious Lord Jesus spoke to Peter, "And the Gates of hell shall not PREVAIL".

Let us call upon Saint Michael The Arc Angel Every Day in Prayer to Defend us from the snares and wickedness of the devil, AMEN

Frado
Old 10th September 2012, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Conte View Post
Do you have enough land to grow some crops?
It's also possible to plant fruit trees, or nut trees, for some additional sources of food.

Yes thank you Ron. Your book helped me tremendously!! I already grow vegetables. Broccoli, carrots, potatoes, tomatoes, etc and a herb garden. We have 10 acres on the piece that we live on. I don't have fruit trees. We are trying to sell this piece of property and I understand fruit trees take a few years to establish. My father in law has apple, plum and pear trees. In fact I just spent the past few days peeling about 80 apples and freezing them.
Plum jam is my next job at the end of the week.
I grew 3 large sunflowers this year to see If I could successfully press the seeds for sunflower oil, I am hopeful. (I took this idea from Ron's book - Apocalypse Suvival Guide)
I looked into buying wheat berries and grinding them into flour. Apparently wheat berries shelf life is unlimited.
Your book Ron opened up a whole new world for me. ( smiles)
I will look into growing nuts. Has anyone been successful growing a lemon tree
indoors? I live in the pacific NW so we have a limited growing season.
Blessings
Old 28th October 2012, 04:56 AM
supporting member

This prepping seems to be practical and wise. On the other hand, there's just on nagging thought: regardless of how much preparation we do or how many long lasting supplies we store up, if God's will is that we perish, all the prepping in the world won't help. This reminds of the old lady in the Old Testament whose jar of oil kep filling up. It is wise and practical to prepp, but we may perhaps want to keep well in mind that we must not mistrust God's infinite mercy and providence. If it is His Holy Will that any of us survive the First Tribulation, He'll provide the means. Just a thought. May God's Infinite Mercy continue to shine and touch the Hearts/Minds of countless millions as the Great Apostacy increases in practice.
Old 28th October 2012, 05:38 AM

Thumbs down

I think about this too!! I think God is calling me to prepare and should my life and that of my family's be taken then God will see that my preparation food will go to those of his choice. Others will take and survive so we are helping others for the future if we are no longer here.
Blessings
Old 28th October 2012, 04:59 PM

Tapinu33...........my thoughts exactly! Perhaps what we have stored is really meant for others. Trusting in God's wisdom and providence, here.

Joey
Old 28th October 2012, 09:40 PM

I have done a lot to prepare. Is it enough? I don't think so but I have done what I can do. I will share this though.

In the course of preparing, I acquired secure storage and packed it full of potentially needed items. I was then gone for a few days and when I came back, I was eager to open it up and enjoy the feeling of what I had accomplished. As soon as I had the thought of looking at my work I immediately had a very strong thought (almost a voice) that said "It is for others."

I did not open it up then and when I do (as I have to do to move stuff around) it is always with the thought that I am preparing for others.
Old 4th April 2013, 05:45 AM

Question gasoline shortages

there was some prophecy (i don't recall who) about people fighting over a cup of gasoline;

gas is dangerous to store;
however, it would probably be wise to keep some gas some place where it is safe and U can retrieve it in times of shortage;

i really don't know how to do this; any thoughts??
Old 4th April 2013, 12:41 PM
Administrator

Jerome,

Please do not cite prophecies if you don't know where they came from. There are many false prophecies in the world today.
Old 5th April 2013, 03:22 AM

Jerry,

I am not sure about storing gasoline. My thought is that I am going to buy a propane generator. It can store easily, uses the same cylinders as a propane grill, and there are not any fumes to be worried about, so I can keep them in my garage or basement. Plus, if gasoline shortages occur, propane is not under as much of a constraint.

-Jay