CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Practical Preparations
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 5th April 2013, 01:40 PM
Administrator

Default Reasonably speaking...

There will be a gasoline shortage wherever war brakes in. There was a mild storm in the NY and NJ area this past October and there was a serious gasoline shortage. I guess bikes will be on demand.
Old 5th April 2013, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother View Post
There will be a gasoline shortage wherever war brakes in. There was a mild storm in the NY and NJ area this past October and there was a serious gasoline shortage. I guess bikes will be on demand.

The "mild storm" was a hurricane which caused millions of dollars in damage, killed many, and flooded entire towns. Just ask the people in Staten lsland and other places,where they are still recovering. That storm was called Sandy.
Old 5th April 2013, 03:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by garabandalg View Post
The "mild storm" was a hurricane which caused millions of dollars in damage, killed many, and flooded entire towns. Just ask the people in Staten lsland and other places,where they are still recovering. That storm was called Sandy.

Thank you for letting me know and making me aware of those other areas. I assume it depends on the particular areas where people live, the NJ area where I do live wasn't badly affected and the winds were not as strong to be considered to be hurricane, no severe destruction reported, however, power was out in some spots and gasoline was scarce.
Old 6th April 2013, 12:55 AM

Default thanks

thanks Jay js1975 for the propane generator idea; is there any way to take a regular gas engine & convert it to operate on propane??

though I can't remember the citation for the prediction of ppl fighting over gasoline -------let me say this:

I saw this occur personally here in Phoenix arizona about 5 years ago, when our sole refinery went down; there were fisticuffs & "near fisticuffs" (which I personally witnessed) occurring at gas pumps as
ppl sought to fill up their vehicles & gas cans;

now we have North Korea & Russia rattling sabers; I don't think things will get better; ppl need fuel for cars & generators; its just makes sense that there will be future fuel shortages; we've had them in the past & we'll have them in the future, especially given the Medj information we've obtained;

Last edited by jeromeindesert : 6th April 2013 at 01:00 AM.
Old 6th April 2013, 01:17 PM

Jerry,

Not sure. I know there are people out there who convert lawnmowers into propane, but not sure about vehicles. I don't know enough about engines to say for sure. It is good idea... Me personally, I have my mountain bike. I rarely ride it but who would need a gym membership when they ride a bike to work?

-Jay
Old 6th April 2013, 08:01 PM

Question gas to propane

jay: i have a generator that runs on gas; i'll search bing to see if I can find a way to convert it to run on propane; thanks
Old 10th April 2013, 09:30 PM

A very telling article about our bees that our dying at an increasing alarming rate. This is very concerning and is sure to have a direct impact on the famine as crops are in jeopardy without the bees doing their thing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/29/sc...pagewanted=all
While awaiting these things, be diligent, so that you may be found to be immaculate and unassailable before him, in peace. 2 Peter 3:14
Old 10th April 2013, 10:59 PM
supporting member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontifex View Post
A very telling article about our bees that our dying at an increasing alarming rate. This is very concerning and is sure to have a direct impact on the famine as crops are in jeopardy without the bees doing their thing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/29/sc...pagewanted=all

This does look rather ominous. I wonder if this is part of the reason that my attempts at gardening have not worked out so well. Though, I do see a couple of bees pollinating my dwarf lemon tree right now, so we'll see if we get lemons this year. Meanwhile, I planted some cucumber seedlings today, some in pots and barrels, others in the ground.

Anyone else growing anything?
Old 11th April 2013, 12:10 AM

Default What I do to attract bee's for my vegtable garden

I have various bee attracting flowers and flowering shrubs in my backyard. By having these in my backyard me and my wife produce a variety of vegtables every year.

I do agree that bees are in trouble do to mans relentless use of pesticides but one can draw them into your backyard with various flowering plants and shrubs.

Lilac, raspberries, white clematis vine and lavender to name a few are awesome for bee attracting.

I have lilac and raspberry patch in the same area of my vegtable garden. You should see when raspberries are at there peak, the bees!

So there is hope and we can all share our success stories to help one another.

Viva Christos Rey- Long Live Christ Our King!
Old 11th April 2013, 05:08 AM
supporting member

Good news, Frado!

I also have raspberries and blackberry vines which I planted a little over a year ago. What do you use to fertilize? The blackberry vine is sending out lots of little shoots and there are buds forming on the original. I am hopeful we might get a handful or so this year.

Pruning, I think, is a key thing, also, for many types of plants.

My Dad's secret for getting rid of snails is to go out at 5 AM or earlier while they are out and pick them all up with tongs and place them in a container in the trash. I know I'll have to deal with the snails or they will take over. But, putting them in a carton to die in the trash? Is this unethical? I know they are yucky snails, but still. Poison could be eaten by animals. We had some puppies die from eating snail poison many years ago. It was very sad. I guess you could plop them in a container of water and they would drown.