CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Catholicism > Books and articles by Ron Conte
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 24th July 2013, 04:46 PM
Administrator

Default new printed books

Several of my books are now available in print (paperback)
that previously were only available in Kindle format:

Roman Catholic Marital Sexual Ethics

Noah's Flood: Literal or Figurative?

The Secrets of La Salette and the End Times (2013 edition)

On World War 3 and World War 4

Hunger Math: world hunger by the numbers

See the list with links here
Old 2nd August 2013, 09:29 AM

Ron,...i was struggling to accept the idea of Adam and Eve, existing 50kaBP...until I found this interesting documentary!!!! Cave! Ignore everything after around 3 minutes!.. especially the Aliens!...also Adam and Eve exited paradise through the East gate..towards the East?

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=362977623742611" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Last edited by feyfifer : 2nd August 2013 at 09:45 AM. Reason: omission of detail
Old 2nd August 2013, 12:21 PM
Administrator

That video (first 3 minutes) makes sense in the light of my research into Noah's Flood. Scientists say that from about 12 to 6 ka (thousand years ago) the earth warmed and glaciers began to melt and retreat, releasing much water. Before that time, the oceans worldwide were much lower. The Persian Gulf was dry land and was heavily settled. The Black Sea was not connected to the ocean.

There were many settlements prior to 12ka that were along the oceans. When the weather warmed and the oceans rose, those settlements were submerged. So that video is simply more evidence of what we already knew.

The date of 32ka for settlements in India is entirely consonant with the out of Africa theory -- modern human behavior in Africa about 70 to 50 ka, then spreading from there to the rest of the world.
Old 22nd August 2013, 12:29 AM

Lightbulb the term "monarch" is outdated??; maybe "President"

When the prediction was made that there would be a future Catholic "monarch" there was no real term the visionaries could
use (that they were familiar with) at that time to define a leader. Monarchs generally were the rulers then.

Today, the visionaries would probably define the "monarch" as "President" or some other form of elected official.

Ron: please tell me that you do not believe in an actual "monarchy" in the future where the leader gets power via divine right or birth right.

I ask this because I have friends at Homeland Security and frenemies in
high levels of US govt. The US govt officials has already classified Roman Catholicism as an "extremist organization" mostly because of its position
on basic moral issues.

However, one US govt frenemy tried to get me to say
that I believed in a future "Catholic Monarchy" and that a catholic monarchy
was (in my falsely perceived view) the best form of govt.

I have never believed in a "monarchy". I don't want the return of the dark ages. I have never met a Roman Catholic that opposed democracy & favored a return to monarchy.

This is a petty semantic issue but the US govt thrives on pettiness. They will take one of your kindle books about a future "catholic monarch" & twist it around to say that roman catholics are opposed to democracy.

If you tell them that you support the idea of a "catholic monarch", they will (perhaps rightfully so) consider you to be a treasonous, anti-democracy type.

Please clarify your stand on this.
Old 22nd August 2013, 01:11 AM
Administrator

The great Catholic monarch is the heir to the Austrian empire. And since the last Roman emperor was also the first Austrian emperor, the GCM is the heir to the Roman empire. I believe that he will by crowned emperor by the Pope, and that he will rule as a monarch. He's the last Roman emperor.
Old 23rd August 2013, 12:47 PM

Sorry, I didn't realize you had replied . . . prior to seeing that video, I thought the earliest tangible evidence of human settlements was found at an archeological site in Iraq, carbon dating the artifacts found there had put the date around 5kaBP. So when they said that the Kutch artifacts dated to 32,000ka BP,... you know actual physical evidence of such a settlement . . . it really shakes you up!....and I had only just been reading excerpts from your book about Noah and the floods!!!!
Old 27th August 2013, 07:46 PM

Post no future monarchies??

I firmly believe that we will NEVER see another monarchy:

1. People believe in democracy, as do I.

2. Even the last 3 popes have refused the tiara (crown).

3. The use of the terms "emperor" and "monarchy" are from
days past.

4. Ron, you are the first catholic I've ever met that
believes that there will be a future CM.

Its very dangerous, in today's "Big Brother" society to even use terms like "monarch." I don't care bec I don't believe in monarchies.
Old 27th August 2013, 08:37 PM
Administrator

You are entitled to your opinion. Most of eschatology is speculative anyway. But there are prophecies referring to the great Catholic monarch as the ruler of a monarchy:

Blessed Rabanus Maurus: "Our principle doctors agree in announcing to us, that towards the end of time one of the descendents of the kings of France shall reign over all the Roman empire; and that he shall be the greatest of the Empire; and that he shall be the greatest of the French monarchs, and the last of his race. After having most happily governed his kingdom, he will go to Jerusalem, and depose on Mount Olivet his sceptre and crown. This shall be the end and conclusion of the Roman and Christian Empire."

Saint Caesar of Arles: "When the entire world ... shall have been a prey to the greatest miseries and trials, then the provinces shall be succored by a prince who had been exiled in his youth, and who shall recover the crown of the lilies.... At the same time there will be a great Pope, who will be most eminent in sanctity and most perfect in every quality. This Pope shall have with him, the Great Monarch, a most virtuous man, who shall be a scion of the holy race of the French kings. This Great Monarch will assist the Pope in the reformation of the whole earth."

Saint Cataldus: "The Great Monarch will be in war till he is 40 years of age; a King of the House of Lily, he will assemble great armies and expel tyrants from his empire. He will conquer England and other island empires. Greece he will invade and be made king thereof. Clochis, Cypris, the Turks and barbarians he will subdue and have all men to worship the Crucified One. He will at length lay down his crown in Jerusalem."

Saint Methodius:"A time will come when the enemies of Christ will boast: 'We have subjected the earth and all its inhabitants, and the Christians cannot escape our hands.' Then a Roman Emperor will arise in great fury against them.... Drawing his sword, he will fall upon the foes of Christianity and crush them. Then peace and quiet will reign on earth, and priests will be relieved of all their anxieties. In the last period Christians will not appreciate the great grace of God who provided a Great Monarch, a long duration of peace, a splendid fertility of the earth.

And there are many other such prophecies.
Old 30th August 2013, 07:11 PM

Default vague prophecies?????

Ron: you know theology light years better than I do; however, IMHO:

the prophecies cited are vague; they don't say when, or who, and they could have already been fulfilled in days past;

Moreover, in times past, a "leader" was considered a "monarch" so that would be a term that someone would use if he had a vision. It does not
mean that some future leader will be an actual "monarch" as we use the term today.

None of these prophecies mentions anything about the Pope being involved in "crowning" the leader. Such a thing will never occur ever, ever IMHO.

During my lifetime, all popes elected have declined to be crowned with the tiara. Presumably they consider the tiara to show a lack of humility.

If a Pope won't accept a tiara, why would a Pope "crown" some other person with a crown? When was the last time any Pope crowned anyone? I can't recall anything in my lifetime.

Most ppl would consider it a blemish on catholicism if a Pope crowned someone as "emperor".

A belief that a future Pope would have a coronation of an emperor is viewed by most ppl, like me, as maybe "ancient", "narrow-minded", "power-hungry", and perhaps even "arrogant."

This blog needs more ppl contributing.

Why is everyone else silent on this issue???
If some other catholic in this world believes in monarchies, emperors or coronations, I would like to hear from them.

Because aside from this blog,
I've never heard a catholic express a favorable view on any of those topics.

I haven't read a single extant church document that supports the idea of "monarchy" or "coronation" by a pope.

If I shared this idea with a potential convert, it would scare them away from the catholic church.

Ron, this blog is one of the very few last bastions of orthodox catholicism.

I hope you will speak to another theologian, priest, or other church official about your view because it could be construed by many sincere catholics as discrediting this blog.

I know U don't like ppl "seemingly attacking" this blog's viewpoint but I just don't see what else I can do here. To say nothing would hurt our beloved church, IMHO.

Please pray about this issue Ron. Ask God for a sign. I will do the same.
Old 30th August 2013, 07:57 PM
Administrator

No, I will not "pray about this issue" as if I were in doubt. And I don't base my theology on asking for signs from God.

In essentials, unity.
In non-essentials, liberty.

You should not be so insistent that I change my view on this point of eschatology.