CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Medjugorje and Garabandal
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 4th October 2013, 01:15 PM
Administrator

Default Pope Francis and Medjugorje

According to a report
http://wdtprs.com/blog/2013/10/pope-...-v-medjugorje/
Pope Francis looks with disfavor on Medjugorje.
Old 4th October 2013, 01:48 PM
Administrator

I think that is just gossip. We'll have to wait and see what the Pope may directly say to the public about Medjugorje (if he says something). So far he hasn't said anything openly as he likes to say; and he has shown clear support to our Lady of Aparecida, Brazil and Fatima (both in particular), this being contrary to the words that rumored came from him.

That note also says:

"My spies used to tell me that the former Pope was not a supporter either."

"Spies"? Again, just gossip. The former Pope never declared anything publicly, so we don't know.
Old 4th October 2013, 03:08 PM

I believe it's already been stated, but if a negative report on Medjugorje endorsed by the Pope comes out, it'll likely lead to a lot of people leaving the Church, especially those whose conversions were rooted in their Medjugorje experience. Couple a negative endorsement along with the Pope's remarks over the past few months and the great apostasy begins....
Old 4th October 2013, 06:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonCatholic View Post
I believe it's already been stated, but if a negative report on Medjugorje endorsed by the Pope comes out, it'll likely lead to a lot of people leaving the Church, especially those whose conversions were rooted in their Medjugorje experience. Couple a negative endorsement along with the Pope's remarks over the past few months and the great apostasy begins....

those points could be factors in the great apostasy, but I think it will take more: one or two encyclicals from Pope Francis, teaching contrary to conservative opinion, and then a successor who is conservative, prompting the departure of many liberals. So I see it as a two step process.

Jesus rejected the errors of the Pharisees (conservatives of their day) and the errors of the Sadducees (liberals of their day). For most Catholics to leave the Church, both liberals and conservatives will have to be offended by the teachings of the Church.
Old 8th October 2013, 12:33 AM

Thumbs down report is dubious; no citation of who heard Pope make statement

The so-called negative statement by the Pope about CPRs has no source. It doesn't say who heard the Pope make that statement.

I think this is the work of the devil trying to posture the Pope as being anti-Medjugorje;

My wife is Argentinian. Many Argentinians believe that the Pope looks with favor on Medjugorje. Why? Because when he was cardinal, people would talk to him about Medjugorje and he would become "happy" that the Argentine people knew about the Medjugorje apparitions.

This is not to say that he stated that he approved of the apparitions. He just seemed to encourage people to "follow" the Medjugorje apparitions.

Francis is a very open minded Pope who seems to follow much of the ecumenical revelations disclosed @ Medjugorje by Our Lady.

Seer Vicka has already stated that Medjugorje will not be approved by the church until after all of the visionaries are deceased.

However just because it won't be "approved" does not in any way indicate that the Church will issue a negative finding. I think the Vatican will issue a report saying, "we will wait and see."
Old 8th October 2013, 02:04 AM
Administrator

Good points.

There is a prediction by the visionaries at Garabandal that many persons will fall away from belief in Garabandal (and I suggest also Medjugorje) prior to the Warning. This might be partly due to the great apostasy, and it might be due partly to some type of negative judgment by the Church.
Old 16th November 2013, 02:15 PM
Administrator

Again, Pope Francis made comments indicating that he does not favor Medjugorje and other claimed private revelations:

http://en.radiovaticana.va/news/2013...god/en1-746498

Curiosity, the Pope continued, impels us to want to feel that the Lord is here or rather there, or leads us to say: “But I know a visionary, who receives letters from Our Lady, messages from Our Lady”. And the Pope commented: “But, look, Our Lady is the Mother of everyone! And she loves all of us. She is not a postmaster, sending messages every day.”
Old 16th November 2013, 08:33 PM

Thumbs up Medjugorje or MDM??

I think Pope Francis is talking about Maria Divine Mercy (MDM), a fraud who claims to receive daily messages from Our Lady. MDM has said the Pope is a fraud (i.e.: bad pope).

Even if Pope francis is talking about Medjugorje, he is repeating what Our Lady said to the seers. The BVM has stated something like this: (I am not quoting literally but giving the gist of what She said):

"People should not be so curious about the secrets and dates, and such but should spend their time in prayer and fasting and getting ready for the trials that lie ahead."
Old 16th November 2013, 10:00 PM
Administrator

I think the Pope is referring to claimed private revelations in general, not to any specific one. But it does not bode well for the approaching decision on Medjugorje.
Old 17th November 2013, 02:42 AM

Jesus warns us in the Book of Matthew, "But of that day or that hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the SON, but ONLY the Father. Take heed, watch and pray; for YOU do not know when the time will come."

Another passage of Scripture in the book of Matthew 24:5 Jesus warns,
"Take heed that no one leads you astray. For MANY will come in my name, saying, 'I am the Christ,' and they will lead MANY astray."

Stay in prayer brothers and sisters, and don't despair about Medjugorje. The Pope has the final word on Medjugorje's Authenticity, and remember, Pope Francis is the Vicar of Christ.

The most important thing for Catholics to do is, Go to Church, receive our sacraments and TRUST in GOD.

Frado