CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Medjugorje and Garabandal
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 21st June 2014, 09:31 PM

Default Many believed in Fr. Gobbis prophecies...

Mother Angelica was in a big tizzy on EWTN with Fr. Gobbis prophecies...they all failed. Just because someone holy believed in the apparition, does not validate it.
Old 21st June 2014, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seelos View Post
Okay, reading the actual prediction you really see that people are jumping to conclusions, I followed along instead of reading for myself. It's clear that this can be interpreted in a multitude of ways. It's interesting that God chose to show the miracle to 3 people, if Joey has already seen it like St Pio. Is there signifcance in the numbering of 3?

Priest(forgot his name)
Padre Pio(everyone thought this was a failed prophecy too)
Joey

He does not have eyes though. Nor is it the date of the Miracle when his "sight" was restored. It will take a lot of verbal gymnastics to overcome this failed prophecy.
Old 23rd June 2014, 01:53 AM

For anyone who does have doubts, remember that St. Padre Pio was told he would see the Miracle before he died. It was a similar blow to followers at the time, and it was reported that moments before he passed he saw a vision of the Miracle.

-Jay
Old 24th June 2014, 01:54 AM

Default Another thought

A prophecy is only failed if it was accurately made and understood in the first place, and then did not happen.

Perhaps before we, in our humility, judge a prophecy to be failed, we should consider that, maybe, what is failed is our perception or interpretation of that prophecy. Last time I checked, Conchita never claimed to be perfect, so maybe we should give our faith and belief a little more depth than dropping off like snow flakes at every stumble by a fellow human being. Let he or she who has not misunderstood cast the first doubt.
Old 24th June 2014, 12:35 PM

So why do you believe this was a Marian apparition?
Old 24th June 2014, 02:21 PM

Default Padre Pio stated Satan entered Garabandal

Lead story at Spirit Daily, apparently Padre Pio was not a big fan.
Old 24th June 2014, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose View Post
Lead story at Spirit Daily, apparently Padre Pio was not a big fan.

quotes from that article from Spirit Daily:

"Enright says he asked Pio through Pyle about alleged apparitions that were occurring at the time in north-central Spain in a mountain hamlet called Garabandal, which has been in the spotlight of late due to the death of a man who was closely affiliated with it. "She said he (Padre Pio) approved of it," Enright told Spirit Daily. "That was in 1961. When I went back and asked in 1963 about Garabandal, she (Pyle) said Padre Pio said that Satan had entered Garabandal. Pyle was emphatic about Garabandal."

"Enright's assertions potentially explain discrepancies through the years, with some claiming Padre Pio believed in Garabandal and even encouraged at least one devout man, Joey Lomangino, of Long Island -- in 1963 -- to go there (Lomangino, who died last week, became a fervent promoter of the site; he returned often to visit San Giovanni Rotundo), while a priest, Father Ermelindo de Capua, who had served as Padre Pio's English translator in the saint's later years, says Pio was negative about it. The Garabandal seer reportedly visited San Giovanni in 1966 during a trip to Rome, where Pope Paul VI reportedly blessed her. "

"Enright believes that there is truth to the apparitions and that a prophesied great "miracle" will be seen at the site, high up in the beautiful Cantabrian Mountains. "It was definitely real. He [Padre Pio] believed the Blessed Mother was (initially) appearing there."

" One website asserts that "Father Bernardino, then acting Superior of Padre Pio’s convent in San Giovanni Rotondo, wrote a letter in 1969, which contained the following; 'While he was living, the same Padre Pio guaranteed the authenticity of the apparitions of the Blessed Virgin. He met with [the seer] at San Giovanni Rotondo. Even during the last days of his life, he talked about this to his brothers in religious life (noting that Padre Pio was also careful not to take a public stance on them)." We report, you discern."

continued in next post
Old 24th June 2014, 06:05 PM

I think there are two things going on here.

1. Fallen angles are sowing discord about Garabandal because they know that with The Warning and Miracle their days are numbered and eventually their influence will be lessened upon the earth.

2. Many people in the world and even in the Catholic Church don't like the idea of The Warning because they know that their sins will be laid bare at that time and they can no longer hide from them, and these such people are sowing discord and reporting false things about the apparition, just like Unity Publishing is with Medjugorje.
Old 24th June 2014, 07:09 PM

After reading the aforementioned article on Spirit Daily, it seems clear that Padre Pio was very favorable towards Garabandal. However, if the article is accurate, he also stated that satan began to interfere at the sight later on. Since he even refused to see one of the seers, that seers statements would become suspect.

It seems very likely that we are seeing the beginning of the falling away, and the seeds that were sown by that suspect seer could be the ultimate cause. I can't believe that members of this sight can give into doubt so easily when we've known since the beginning that this would happen. Now that everything is finally coming to fruition, we need to be patient and wait for the Lord to act in His own good time.
Old 25th June 2014, 02:22 PM

The death of joey makes me conclude many things, and maintain opinions on many things ...listed below.

1. I still believe that the Virgin Mary appeared there.
2. I believe that seers can misinterpret or mis- state what is being told to them by the BVM.
3.I believe because of 2 ,above, there needs to be more skepticism with regard to what the seers are claiming...knowing that it is subject to error.
4. because of 3 ,above, it is much more difficult to refine a chronology of events that will happen in the future.

Summary...all the info that Ron has investigated and made conclusions based on , could be subject to the same errors as were realized regarding Joey. Ron...what you do is very difficult, and now it is apparent that it is even more difficult . I am glad that you try, but the conclusions you make are only as good as the info you read.