CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Practical Preparations
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th September 2014, 08:22 PM

Default Economic Collapse

Ron:

If you type in "economic collapse" in You tube, you will find that there are many economists/wealthy people who are warning that it is just a matter of time before the U.S. has and economic collapse do to the constant printing of fiat money. If this were to happen, we would fall into a really great depression and famine. For this reason, I have started to buy gold and silver for emergency (not investment) purposes. What are your thoughts on this warning?

Last edited by Contrition : 29th September 2014 at 10:20 PM.
Old 29th September 2014, 11:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrition View Post
Ron:

If you type in "economic collapse" in You tube, you will find that there are many economists/wealthy people who are warning that it is just a matter of time before the U.S. has and economic collapse do to the constant printing of fiat money. If this were to happen, we would fall into a really great depression and famine. For this reason, I have started to buy gold and silver for emergency (not investment) purposes. What are your thoughts on this warning?

The economic situation is far more complex than those "imminent collapse" theories consider. It does seem that, eventually, due to the tribulation, the U.S. economy will decline and after a long time collapse. But at that time gold and silver will also become nearly worthless. And it is quite a few years away.

I don't know if, in the short term, gold and silver might be profitable. But for long term value, I would suggest: food, gardening seeds, gardening equipment, land suitable for crops, water purification equipment (LifeStraw Family), and other types of supplies.
Old 30th September 2014, 02:38 AM

Ron...I disagree.. even during the tribulation there will be an economy...otherwise how would the USA wage war, how would the world fight..the world ( and the USA) will still function with a severly depressed economy. To survive, I agree that its best that you stock up on supplies , Like you mentioned. However, if for some reason you run out of a specific item, you better have gold or silver or be able to barter with something you have or a skill you possess...paper money will be worthless...
Old 30th September 2014, 03:07 AM
Administrator

I think that, near the end of the first part of the tribulation, there will be a world war (World War 4) that will be an all-out nuclear war. In the devastation that follows, money will lose its value, as will gold and silver.

{6:12} And when he had opened the sixth seal, I saw, and behold, a great earthquake occurred. And the sun became black, like a haircloth sack, and the entire moon became like blood.
{6:13} And the stars from heaven fell upon the earth, just as when a fig tree, shaken by a great wind, drops its immature figs.
{6:14} And heaven receded, like a scroll being rolled up. And every mountain, and the islands, were moved from their places.
{6:15} And the kings of the earth, and the rulers, and the military leaders, and the wealthy, and the strong, and everyone, servant and free, hid themselves in caves and among the rocks of the mountains.
{6:16} And they said to the mountains and the rocks: “Fall over us and hide us from the face of the One sitting upon the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb.
{6:17} For the great day of their wrath has arrived. And who will be able to stand?”
Old 30th September 2014, 01:24 PM

Ron , with all due respect, even with all that you quoted, it doesn't eliminate the need for an economy, and if there is an economy then there will be trading/bartering/selling/buying...If my family is hungry , then yes, I will want bread and not gold...but if I have plenty of bread, then I will want something that I can preserve..the whole population will not sustain itself on bartering and trading...there has to be some money transactions( most likely silver/gold

Centurion...I recommend you do a lot of storage( as Ron has suggested), and some gold/silver purchases for the longer term( smaller denominations of gold( 0.5 ounce max) . I believe 1 ounce silver coins
will work well also...also have some cash on hand , for the short term, but not too much, as initially(the early stages of WW3), inflation wont be an issue, but I believe 2 yrs into WW3 , hyper inflation will hit and paper money will quickly lose value
Old 30th September 2014, 01:26 PM

Centurion...Contrition ...I must be going crazy !!
Old 30th September 2014, 04:05 PM

I do have a plan for storing food. I plan on buying some freeze dried food to last me about two months. I also live on five acres. I currently have chickens, and I will be able to buy rabbits and any other animals we might need; there are cows, pigs, and goats for sale all the time. My parents also have a very nice raised garden that me and my dad built a couple of years ago. The only thing that worries me is that the water well will go dry that we had put in about two years ago. Its about 260 feet deep whereas the farming wells are about 400 to 450 feet deep. I hope they don't use up all the water in the years to come!

As far as the gold and silver goes, if it helps fine, if not that's also fine. Only time will tell if it was a wise choice to buy a few coins. I also have a couple of rentals, so if the prices go way up on silver and gold because of hyper-inflation, maybe I can cash in and pay off a large portion of the mortgages.
Old 30th September 2014, 05:11 PM

It is hard to say exactly when paper money will lose its value, and even more difficult to say for gold and silver. Historically speaking, paper money goes first and then gold and silver. But, the Tribulation is a unique event, I would expect that fear and the cutting off of trade routes due to the conquering of Europe will have a significant effect. What this means is that each country will become increasingly responsible for manufacturing its own goods for its own citizens. It is possible that this could lead to a little economic respite during a certain point in the Tribulation. In any case, I have always thought that material goods would be of most value. Probably the following:

land for farming
livestock
alternative modes of transportation (horses, bicycles)
alternative modes of heating (fireplace?)
alternative modes for electricity (solar, wind)
food
fresh water
weapons (to a lesser extent but necessary)

However, it would still make sense to have a form of universal currency for the purposes of the payment of debt.
Old 30th September 2014, 10:05 PM

Ron:

Have you considered alternatives sources of electricity, and if so, why? I myself have because if there is a major earthquake out here in California, I figure the power will go out for who knows how long.

Also, have any of the authentic visionaries indicated that there will be major natural disasters in the United States or in any other parts of the world in the next few years?
Old 30th September 2014, 10:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrition View Post
Ron:

Have you considered alternatives sources of electricity, and if so, why? I myself have because if there is a major earthquake out here in California, I figure the power will go out for who knows how long.

Also, have any of the authentic visionaries indicated that there will be major natural disasters in the United States or in any other parts of the world in the next few years?

Alternative electricity is expensive. It's not in my budget.

I don't know of any authentic visionaries who have predictions for specific natural disasters.