CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Medjugorje and Garabandal
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 22nd January 2015, 03:36 AM

So the three popes that need to be deceased are:

Paul VI
Pope John Paul II
Pope Benedict XVI

Pope Emeritus Benedict is 87 years old and will be 88 this April. Can he live another 5 to 6 years? I will let you decide. But, the prophecy that we are discussing just says that after these three Popes will have passed. We do not know how much time there might be between the death of Pope Benedict and the death of Pope Francis. Do you see what I mean? This prophecy can be interpreted a number of different ways, so I am not sure? Are you?

Lastly, regarding the claim that if The Warning is in 2021 it would not leave enough time for the remaining events of the Tribulation, well, all I can say is this,

Mathew 24:22

{24:22} And unless those days had been shortened, no flesh would be saved. But for the sake of the elect, those days shall be shortened.

I think this passage refers to the second part of the tribulation but the first part is a reflection of the second part.

Since eschatology is speculative these are just my opinions.

Last edited by daytonafreak : 22nd January 2015 at 03:43 AM.
Old 22nd January 2015, 05:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by daytonafreak View Post
So the three popes that need to be deceased are:

Paul VI
Pope John Paul II
Pope Benedict XVI

I don't understand well why Pope JP1 is not counted. Is it because he had a very short reign?

If we count him, there would be three popes who passed to a better life counting after John 23.

Paul VI, JP 1 & 2.
John 3:27; John 15:5; Matthew 19:26
Old 23rd January 2015, 06:29 PM

Does it say the Popes have to be in sucession? What if Pope Francis died before Benedict, anything could happen.
Old 17th February 2015, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapinu33 View Post
Does it say the Popes have to be in sucession? What if Pope Francis died before Benedict, anything could happen.

Based on the above idea, is it possible that Pope Francis dies or is assassinated BEFORE Pope Emeritus BenedictXVI dies and subsequently Pope Emeritus BenedictXVI is re elected as pope? or could he automatically become pope again in such a scenario. Would this be an event rarely seen in the Church? I may be way off though.

Last edited by Hands of Truth : 17th February 2015 at 01:58 AM.
Old 17th February 2015, 02:42 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Truth View Post
Based on the above idea, is it possible that Pope Francis dies or is assassinated BEFORE Pope Emeritus BenedictXVI dies and subsequently Pope Emeritus BenedictXVI is re elected as pope? or could he automatically become pope again in such a scenario. Would this be an event rarely seen in the Church? I may be way off though.

He would not automatically become Pope. Also, if a man is elected as Pope he can decline the office.

Conchita made the three popes prophecy after Pope Paul VI was elected. But obviously, at the present time, we can assume that the count of three popes does not include Paul VI. Otherwise, we would be past the count of three. So the expression "three more" must refer to the next three, after the pope in office at the time (Paul VI). And that conclusion leaves us with the following list of the subsequent 3 popes:

1. Pope John Paul I
2. Pope John Paul II
3. Pope Benedict XVI

So the tribulation begins during the reign of the subsequent Pope (Pope Francis), and the "three Popes" represent the interim period between Paul 6 and the Pope who reigns at the start of the tribulation.
Old 17th February 2015, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Conte View Post
He would not automatically become Pope. Also, if a man is elected as Pope he can decline the office.

Conchita made the three popes prophecy after Pope Paul VI was elected. But obviously, at the present time, we can assume that the count of three popes does not include Paul VI. Otherwise, we would be past the count of three. So the expression "three more" must refer to the next three, after the pope in office at the time (Paul VI). And that conclusion leaves us with the following list of the subsequent 3 popes:

1. Pope John Paul I
2. Pope John Paul II
3. Pope Benedict XVI

So the tribulation begins during the reign of the subsequent Pope (Pope Francis), and the "three Popes" represent the interim period between Paul 6 and the Pope who reigns at the start of the tribulation.

I understand that but I am throwing in another consideration: The tribulation begins during the reign of Pope Francis, Pope Francis is assassinated or dies, Pope Benedict XVI is reelected (to steady the ship). That scenario would still not negate the three popes prediction. It would also be an exceptionally rare event. Has a pope ever been reelected?
Old 17th February 2015, 01:30 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Truth View Post
I understand that but I am throwing in another consideration: The tribulation begins during the reign of Pope Francis, Pope Francis is assassinated or dies, Pope Benedict XVI is reelected (to steady the ship). That scenario would still not negate the three popes prediction. It would also be an exceptionally rare event. Has a pope ever been reelected?
No Pope has been reelected. I don't see any indication that Benedict will be reelected. The rules for electing a Pope do not prohibit it, but there's no way that it would happen. Benedict resigned because, in his words:

"I have come to the certainty that my strengths, due to an advanced age, are no longer suited to an adequate exercise of the Petrine ministry…. in order to govern the barque of Saint Peter and proclaim the Gospel, both strength of mind and body are necessary, strength which in the last few months, has deteriorated in me to the extent that I have had to recognize my incapacity to adequately fulfill the ministry entrusted to me."

So he lacked the strength in mind and body. He would not be elected by the Cardinals. He would not accept if elected.

I think that Pope Francis will eventually resign, then Cardinal Arinze will be elected (Pope Pius XIII). Then in a short time, three Popes will be killed. Pius 13 will be captured during WW3 and will die in captivity. I'm not sure how Francis and Benedict, each having resigned, will die.
Old 18th February 2015, 09:46 PM

Do you think Ron that we will have 2 Pope Emeritus's at the same time? Why would Pope Francis resign? In light of the threat from Isis to attack Rome maybe Pope Francis will be captured? I pray for the Holy Father.
Old 18th February 2015, 10:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapinu33 View Post
Do you think Ron that we will have 2 Pope Emeritus's at the same time? Why would Pope Francis resign? In light of the threat from Isis to attack Rome maybe Pope Francis will be captured? I pray for the Holy Father.

I think that Pope Francis will teach doctrines, true but liberal doctrines, and will make decisions on discipline (whether wise or unwise, I don't know), resulting in many conservatives leaving the Church, including a few Cardinals, more than a few Bishops, and quite a few priests. There will also be much controversy. Eventually, this conflict over his teachings and decisions may result in his resignation. He is a humble and holy Pope.

No, I don't believe Pope Francis will be captured. His successor (Pope Pius 13) will be captured during the War.

Pope Pius X saw a vision of a successor of his, who had the same name (i.e. Pius), fleeing Rome over the dead bodies of members of the clergy. This vision agrees with my interpretation of Sacred Scripture, that a Pope during the first part of the tribulation will flee Vatican City and Rome because of World War 3.
Old 14th October 2015, 03:57 PM

Blessed Imelda died on May 12th, but since her death occurred on the day before the Feast of the Ascension (May 13th that year), at the end of the vigil Mass for that Feast, her feast day is celebrated on May 13th. So either May 12th or May 13th could be interpreted as the day of her feast.[/quote]

Ron:

I was reading from a Facebook page that the Saint in question was a boy martyr.
The person cites the following information to back up his claim:

Book title: "She went in Haste to the Mountain" Book 3 Ch 7

I don't have the book, so I was wondering what your thoughts are?

Last edited by Contrition : 14th October 2015 at 04:08 PM.