CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Medjugorje and Garabandal
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 13th March 2015, 07:24 PM
Administrator

Default disapproval is imminent

See my post:
https://ronconte.wordpress.com/2015/...year-of-mercy/
Old 14th March 2015, 12:01 AM

Default The Warning and Medjugorje

I expect Pope Francis (or the Holy See under him) to formally disapprove of Medjugorje and Garabandal prior to the Warning --this is what you have stated, Ron.

I don't understand why Pope Francis would disapprove - many of us believe,

The Holy See has all the paperwork, interviews personally with the people involved with Medjugorje and Garabandal and they disapprove? why? especially when they are told what is to come--through talking to the seers --
We are to trust and follow the Pope, but if he doesn't see this --I just don't understand- can you enlighten me, Ron? thank you
Old 14th March 2015, 12:31 AM
Administrator

This type of decision is not a teaching of the Magisterium, so it is not protected from error by the Holy Spirit. Judgments of the prudential order by the Church are fallible. Padre Pio received a negative judgment from Pope John 23 (a liberal Pope). Pope Francis wrote the following:

70. It is also true that at times greater emphasis is placed on the outward expressions and traditions of some groups, or on alleged private revelations which would replace all else, than on the impulse of Christian piety. There is a kind of Christianity made up of devotions reflecting an individual and sentimental faith life which does not in fact correspond to authentic “popular piety”. Some people promote these expressions while not being in the least concerned with the advancement of society or the formation of the laity, and in certain cases they do so in order to obtain economic benefits or some power over others. (Evangelii Gaudium, n. 70)

And the recent intervention from the CDF against a talk by Ivan reinforces the idea that Pope Francis may decide against Medjugorje.

I don't think it is fair to say that if the Pope makes the wrong decision on Medjugorje, that he cannot be trusted to make other decisions. Pope Saint Celestine V (who resigned from office) made many errors of prudential judgment in his brief reign as Pope, yet he is a Saint.
Old 14th March 2015, 04:48 AM

Default What if?

What if Pope Francis disapproves of Medjugorje and Garabandal to force Heaven's hand, so to speak? Haven't we seen in past apparitions where the one in authority did this? I was just pondering the possibility. If Pope Francis would disapprove, and then the illumination, warning and miracle occur, the "world" could not say the Pope set it up. I know this is a stretch, but the thought came to me.
Old 14th March 2015, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleone View Post
What if Pope Francis disapproves of Medjugorje and Garabandal to force Heaven's hand, so to speak? Haven't we seen in past apparitions where the one in authority did this? I was just pondering the possibility. If Pope Francis would disapprove, and then the illumination, warning and miracle occur, the "world" could not say the Pope set it up. I know this is a stretch, but the thought came to me.

That may be part of the intention of God's providence, but I don't think it is a conscious plan of the Pope.
Old 14th March 2015, 01:18 PM

This memorandum is dated March 3rd 2015 and is from the Congregation for the Doctrine of Faith:

http://archstl.org/node/4348020

I expect you are expecting something bigger than this but it is a clear indication of the position the Vatican is currently taking.
Old 14th March 2015, 03:38 PM

I know that you guys don't know me from Adam..but I will tell you that I went to Medj. July 1987...saw the host bouncing around the sun for a solid 15 minutes...at the same time I was seeing that, a proctologist man from Wisconsin standing next to me said that he saw a chalice in the sun..and priest that was standing next to us, from the USA , who really didn't want to be there ( we all sat together on the plane from Chicago to Zagreb...thats where we met each other)...He was "encouraged" to go to Medg, but at the time he really didn't believe in all the miracles...any way he saw the 30 ft massive concrete cross spinning and glowing ...located on Mount Prodbro..

Anyway that is my testimony...Medj. is REAL...I will believe it to the day I die...
Old 14th March 2015, 04:29 PM
Administrator

If the Church disapproves of Medjugorje, we can still believe in it. This type of judgment by the Church is discipline, not doctrine; it is a fallible and reformable judgment.
Old 14th March 2015, 07:25 PM

Default secons phase of falling away

The first phase of the falling away from belief that was predicted at Garabandal began with Joey Lomangino's death. Now it looks like that falling away from belief in these events will be complete with a negative judgment from the Holy See or the CDF.

Last edited by daytonafreak : 14th March 2015 at 07:27 PM.
Old 16th March 2015, 02:00 AM

I think ...I say i think...that just because the Pope will come out and say that Gara. and Medj. do not get the endorsement of the Vatican is not reason enough for the "falling away" from the church by many.... I do however believe it's plausible if ISIS did attack the Vatican and the Pope and others scattered and the world did nothing to prevent the conquest, that the result would be devastating...imagine the chaos of the masses...no formal process of when and where to elect a new Pope..and if the Pope is not killed immediately, then we couldn't actually elect a new Pope anyway..I can imagine that there could be a long period of time where the church doesn't have a leader...and if nothing is done to curtail ISIS then this could last for months or even years...with no leader , many will begin to make their own rules..One Cardinal will say one thing and another say something else... again chaos ensues and apostasy is born...