CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Practical Preparations
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 29th November 2015, 06:19 PM
Administrator

Default Prepare for the Warning

What are you doing to prepare for the Warning of Garabandal?

What are you doing to prepare for the tribulation?
Old 29th November 2015, 08:48 PM

Default Preparations

For The Warning,
more prayer (esp. in prayer groups), more Adoration, frequent confession and advising loved ones to do likewise. I also acted on Ron's earlier suggestion to read the whole bible before the Warning. Have really loved each session. By God's grace I have been blessed to read every page in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament. I am currently at Ezk. 37

For The Tribulation,
I have installed an additional cooking facility to supplement my electric cooker/oven. The new unit is a propane cooker/oven for when electricity is not working.

Keeping you all, with yours, in prayer.
Old 29th November 2015, 10:44 PM

Default Preparation for the Warning

Like my Pastor says during most of his homilies, "Receive the sacraments, stay in a state of grace, trust in God and His Mercy.

It's a winning combination!
Old 1st December 2015, 01:09 AM
supporting member

warning- re-reading your book on ethics. prayer. I take one day at a time. I have my sin tendencies and i try and get through that one day without falling into these tendencies. some days i do good and other days i dont. pray for me.

tribulation- I own a farm with its own water source/well but this is dependent on electricity. I have some cows and such and have stored food but it wont last long given all the family and friends i know.
Old 1st December 2015, 02:43 AM
Administrator

I recommend the Rosary and Divine Mercy Chaplet, as well as Scripture reading. We are all fallen sinners, so we must practice self-denial in all things, in order to counter our sinful tendencies. Prayer must be accompanied by self-denial to have its greatest effectiveness. And works of mercy.
Old 9th December 2015, 08:24 PM

Default Plenary indulgence for Jubilee Year of Mercy

http://www.catholic.org/news/hf/fait...y.php?id=65805

I plan on getting this plenary indulgence:

Pope Francis has issued a special plenary indulgence for the jubilee. The indulgence allows for the complete remission of all temporal punishment due to sin.

The permission to forgive sins is a key duty of the Holy Father and comes directly from Christ.

"I will give you the keys of the kingdom of Heaven: whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven; whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." (Matt 16:19)

To receive your indulgence, you will need to fulfill the obligations. Please look to the following:

1. Make a full and sincere confession,
2. Perform penance,
3. Receive Holy Communion,
4. And pray for the intentions of the Holy Father.
5. The greatest time allowed to get your indulgence is usually just 8 days. Yet, because the risk of sin is significant, and the state of grace is crucial, you should seek your indulgence promptly.
6. You may get the indulgence only once per day.
7. If you are sick or weak, a confessor may excuse you from certain requirements, such as penance.
8. Your indulgence can be used for yourself or offered up for another soul in Purgatory.
9. Finally, to obtain your indulgence, you must pass through a Holy Door. Holy doors are open in every diocese and in many key parishes. Each person should ask their priest where they can find such a door.
10.People who cannot pass through a Holy Door, such as those who are sick, elderly or in prison, can still obtain their indulgence through faithful meditation.
Old 10th December 2015, 05:47 PM

"The primary condition for the full indulgence is a complete detachment from sin, including venial sin. Indulgences are in no way automatic: mechanically repeating certain practices in order to acquire them is not enough. If the fundamental condition of sincere repentance and a complete detachment from sin is not met, then the indulgence will not be plenary but partial."

Ron:

After reading this, I feel it is almost impossible for me to obtain the full indulgence. That is unless I am interpreting this wrong. Because I am a sinner, how is it possible for me to have a "complete detachment" from sin? Is this "complete detachment" taken care of in confession? I mean, even though I don't want to sin anymore, I know I eventually will because I am human. Any clarification would help.

Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 06:49 PM
Administrator

To commit an actual mortal sin, one must have full knowledge and full consent. Some commentators have claimed that this "fullness" is so high a standard that almost no one commits actual mortal sin. But that position is not consistent with Catholic teaching and tradition. The fullness needed is not so extreme as to be out of reach.

Similarly, the fullness of detachment from sin needed for a plenary indulgence is not so full as to be out of the reach of all but Saints. So I disagree with the portrayal of that detachment in the quote you provided.

I would say the penitent needs to have perfect contrition for all sins, mortal and venial. And he must have a firm purpose of avoiding all sin. But he need not have perfect detachment from all sin, which only the Saints can be said to have attained. For indulgences are by their very nature for the fallen sinner.

In any case, do your best to obtain the plenary indulgence. If for some reason you only obtain a partial indulgence, you can atone for the rest of the temporal punishments due with your own ordinary penances: prayer, self-denial, works of mercy.
Old 11th December 2015, 04:16 PM
Administrator

These are other ways of obtaining plenary indulgences for a soul in purgatory or your self (1 per day), you have to be in state of Grace and the desire of not to sing again, of course. If we sin venially because we are weak fallen sinners, immediately repent with a quick act of contrition in your heart and mind: "My God, forgive me!!, My God, forgive me!, My God, forgive me!", and then keep the desire not to sin again.

Pray devotedly the Rosary in communion (at least two persons) - can be done at home.

Pray devotedly the Rosary in front of the Blessed Sacrament (this can be done alone).

Devotedly read Sacred Scriptures for at least 30 minutes - can be done at home and alone.

At the end pray for the intentions of the Pope: an Our Father, Hail Mary and Glory.

Confess and receive Communion within 8 days before or after doing the above mentioned devotions.

These are things which can be done everyday, so we can take a soul from Purgatory each day. I particularly leave the soul that will be freed at the immaculate hands of our Blessed Mother. If done constantly, we can have an army of forever grateful souls, and new friends of ours, interceding for our needs in Heaven! It is a win win!
John 3:27; John 15:5; Matthew 19:26
Old 11th December 2015, 04:51 PM
Administrator

What helps a very lot to be in fellowship with God is prayer, self-denial and works of love/mercy.
John 3:27; John 15:5; Matthew 19:26