CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Eschatology and Private Revelation > Practical Preparations
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12th December 2015, 12:10 PM
supporting member

Default Preparation for the Warning & Tribulation

For the Warning:
I do extensive volunteer work for our church such as teaching RCIA and delivering communion to the homebound. I also participate in a weekly Rosary prayer group.

For the Tribulation:
I have secured a 6 month supply of non-perishable freeze-dried food for myself and my wife.
Old 12th December 2015, 12:40 PM
Administrator

Everyone should also store vegetable oil. A healthy diet has 25 to 35% of calories from fat. You need about 2 quarts of vegetable oil per month per person to meet that need. A 6-month supply is 3 gallons per person.

For grains, rice and pasta store well. Figure a pound a day per person. So 30 lbs per month. A six-month supply is 180 lbs/person.

Then you need about 4 ounces/day from various protein sources that store well: dried beans, soynuts, sunflower seeds, peanuts/peanut butter, other legumes or nuts. A six-month supply is 45 lbs.

Those three types of food are the absolute minimum for survival. A good multivitamin, and maybe a backyard garden would also be helpful.
Old 12th December 2015, 03:04 PM

Default Preparing for the Tribulation

Ron,

What do you recommend for those of us on a limited income? It is had to store a lot of food because of a limited income.

Thanks
Old 12th December 2015, 05:27 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frado View Post
Ron,

What do you recommend for those of us on a limited income? It is had to store a lot of food because of a limited income.

Thanks

Every time you shop for food, buy a little extra to store: vegetable oil, pasta or rice, dried beans or sunflower seeds (or the like). Try to store up a month's worth of extra food, then gradually extend that to 2 months or three.
Old 13th December 2015, 01:08 AM

Default Thanks

Ron,

Thanks for your response to my question. I also think you might be onto something concerning the Warning. I believe this is why our Holy Father, Pope Francis, has declared a Year of Mercy.
I believe that God is preparing us for something that is going to effect all of mankind.