CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > General > Prayer
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 5th February 2016, 08:30 PM

Default prayer request

I will be 40 y.o in a few weeks. I am weary and tired of this life. I cannot find hope anymore, and there is no way I’ll be able to go on like that much longer. I have been crying out to God for a long time….no answer. I would appreciate your prayers.
Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 09:17 PM
Administrator

I have been praying for you and will continue to do so. Grace and peace to you.

You should pray for persons who have sufferings similar to your own. The love of neighbor is an abundant source of faith and hope.
Old 5th February 2016, 10:27 PM

Damien, I will be praying for you too.

You should also seek professional medical help. Psychiatrists can be of tremendous benefit.
Old 6th February 2016, 05:24 PM

I will pray for you also. I don't have much to add to what's already been said, but sometimes when I feel especially hopeless I ask St. Jude for help. He's the saint of impossible (hopeless) causes.
Old 6th February 2016, 08:14 PM

Damien, giving in to despair is unfortunately just where Satan wants you. Seek the assistance of St. Michael the Archangel and your own guardian angel. Reach out to others and give of yourself. I will keep you in my prayers. May you find comfort and peace.

Joey
Old 6th February 2016, 11:57 PM

Damien, Joey makes an excellent point. Despair is never from God, always from Satan. God may have some wonderful plans in store for you that makes Satan crazy with envy, jealousy and anger. Don't let Satan play you. We're all here for you and pray that you find the joy that comes from Him who died on the cross for love of you!

Your Brother in Christ,

Joe
Old 8th February 2016, 07:28 PM
Administrator

You're in my prayers as well, Damien.

Ask for peace, love and joy in your life.
John 3:27; John 15:5; Matthew 19:26
Old 8th February 2016, 08:34 PM

Thanks you everyone.
I know you mean well.
but whether it is praying St Michael, fasting, going to mass....I have done it all.
I 'll pray for you too

Last edited by Damien : 8th February 2016 at 08:41 PM.
Old 19th February 2016, 02:10 PM

Hi Damien
My children and I are offering our morning rosaries for you. When I read your message my heart became heavy. Which should tell you that I and all of us here love you and care about you. You are loved. Peace and love come from God, despair comes from Satan. We are all praying you out of despair. Fight the good fight my friend we are with you. +
Old 19th February 2016, 02:22 PM
Administrator

The claim that despair is always from Satan, is a false claim.

First of all, mere emotion is not necessarily sinful. So when Jesus suffered His Passion, and He said: "My soul is sorrowful, even unto death" and "My God, My God, why have you forsaken me?" he did not despair, in the sense of sin.

Second, when despair is a sin (and not merely a strong negative emotion), it is not necessarily from Satan. Most sins of human persons are not due to influence or temptation from fallen angels at all. The most common influence toward sin is our own sinful fallen nature; the next most common influence is the sinfulness of other persons (of society). The least common influence on sin is the temptation of fallen angels. And even in this latter and less usual case, it is almost always not the particular fallen angel called Satan.

Moreover, it is harmful to the souls of persons who are suffering in spirit or soul to tell them that if they despair, in some sense, that it is necessarily or always of Satan. That comment does more harm than good.

All that is truly good is of God. But all that is truly evil is not of Satan, for Satan is not an evil God; he is merely one fallen angel, with very limited power.