CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Catholic Continuing Education > Teaching Series - dogmatic theology
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12th July 2007, 04:28 PM

Default What does "being ready" mean?

Well, looks like I started posting some words before reading this thread, which seems to be the very first one. I was mainly following the dates, starting from the most recent threads...

I'm ready to join the teaching series, although, if I think carefully, I don't quite know the meaning of "being ready". My background is good, I think, despite my relatively young age, but I'd like to deepen my knowledge more and more. So, count me in. I'll do my best to keep up the pace.

The very best for all of you, especially to Ron, the captain of this ship.

Homo Viator
Old 13th July 2007, 12:55 PM
MarieMarie

Hi Ron,

Absolutely, yes! I study our wondrous faith daily....another resource sounds good to me!

Please note that I am experiencing major computer issues at this time, so I may be M.I.A. while I run a Windows Repair and pray I don't lose all my applications....the idea of reinstalling everything doesn't thrill me.

Also, over the next month, I'll be working on tax extensions due by Aug 15, so I won't have too much time (I work from home as a tax accountant part-time)....but, after that I'll be free to catch up. So, please don't delete me if I'm not too visible over the next month.

Thanks for offering this series.

MM
Old 17th July 2007, 08:20 PM

Ron I want to join the teaching series, what do I have to do?
Old 17th July 2007, 09:30 PM
Administrator

All you have to do is read the threads and participate in the discussions in the Teaching Series section.
Old 21st July 2007, 11:50 PM

I am leaving for holidays for a month starting from monday. I am not sure if I'll be able to connect from the place where I am going, so I might use an internet point but certainly I will not be able to post as frequently as I used so far. I hope to catch up with the TS.

God bless you all, have a nice summer

Roberto
For to me, to live is Christ; and to die is gain (Phil 1:21)
Old 25th September 2008, 02:07 AM

Default Good Deal!

Ron,

Good deal..count me in!
Old 30th September 2008, 04:51 AM

Dear Ron,

You can count me in. I will read, study, and look forward to participating in the Teaching Series.
Old 21st November 2008, 07:29 PM

Default Hard to participate

Ron,

When I read your teaching posts, I always find them very thought-provoking and appreciate them greatly. However, I find it hard to submit questions on them that don't sound stupid. And some questions I submit are never answered anyway.

I want to remain a member, so can you clarify what you mean by "mandatory participation". Do I have to ask questions? If not, how else do I participate? It seems a waste of time to merely reply "Very Interesting", or words to that effect.

Please help me out.

madison 888
Old 21st November 2008, 08:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by madison888 View Post
I want to remain a member, so can you clarify what you mean by "mandatory participation". Do I have to ask questions? If not, how else do I participate?

To keep your account active, all members should log in when they read posts, at least once a month. Members who haven't logged in for a couple of months or so will have their accounts deleted due to inactivity.

I'd like members to post at least once per calendar month, but even if you do not do so, I won't delete your membership as long as I see that you have logged in and read posts occasionally.

For the teaching series, please read that section of the site on a regular or fairly regular basis. But I won't require posting in that section.

If you post a question and I don't answer it, perhaps I did not see it. You can PM me to bring the question to my attention. I don't read every post from every thread. Sorry if I did not get to some of your questions.
Old 17th February 2009, 02:35 PM

Default Summary

Ron, I have an advice in TS. If you post large post, could you give summary at the end of the post?, So, members can have a focus point on your post. Thanks.