CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group  

Go Back   CatholicPlanet.Net discussion group > Ecumenism > Judaism
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 26th March 2006, 10:05 PM
Default Re: Jews and the Fed

Originally Posted by sweet basil
There's no way I'm entering into this conversation but has anyone read the book, "The Creature from Jekyll Island" ?

Sweet Basil,
I just came across it this afternoon via the internet! Appears to be one more example of a conspiracy expose. This book, and indeed this whole discussion, is becoming circular. It reminds me of Lite Beer commercials of many moons ago. Two groups of "combatants" line up on opposite sides of a bar. One group shouts, "Tastes great!"; the other group replies,
"Less filling!" It was funny but let us not slip into bickering.

Whether the Fed is sufficiently overseen by Congress or is actually itself manipulatively in control of the money supply, matters little since we as individual Catholics can do nothing to change the situation. It is a non-issue, politically. If the international banking community is primarily controlled by Jews, so what? Again, it is outside my influence.

It is wise to be aware of the increasing encroachment of secular and materialistic forces so as to motivate ourselves to more prayerfully and actively uphold the Gospel. However, this knowledge in and of itself, does
nothing to build up my neighbor or save a soul.

"I do not occupy myself with things too great and too marvelous for me. But I have calmed and quieted my soul...O Israel hope in the Lord from this time forth and for evermore." (Psalm 131)
Old 27th March 2006, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by Unapologetic Catholic
In the anti-semitic alternate reality occupied by Jose and quiz1, perhaps Jews control the banking industry and the federal reserve is not a public agency.

But on this planet, accusing Jews of controlling the financial markets is a badge of antisemitism and the federal reserve is a public agency established by act of congress.

Sorry for the reality check.

So predictible. I guess I asked for it. I guess the Jewish Quarterly is anti-semite too?
Old 27th March 2006, 04:31 PM

Our beloved Jesus said, "the love of money is the root of evil." Perhaps this statement of truth by the King of Kings has some relevancy to this topic.
Old 28th March 2006, 01:13 AM

You're absolutely right, this whole matter is beyond our control and it doesn't matter who is in control of the Federal Reserve. Our government is based upon checks and balances to make sure the governmental processes operate properly.

I'm just sorry that some people are a bit too closed minded to recognize the establishment that is the Federal Reserve.
Old 28th March 2006, 06:45 AM
Default It doesnt matter???

Ha, our government is based on checks and balances to make sure the govermental processes operate properly...................Wow, I am glad you have faith in a sysyem that is trillions in debt, a government that cant protect our borders, that is selling out USA industry around the world, politicians that pimp and pander to communist and arab countries. I have made some decent money because of reckless behavior by our lack of government and a short sided federal reserve that is putting billions of paper liquidity in the maket each week. In fact after all these years the Fed is now not posting its M3 statistics anymore, which are total dollars in know why, because it is so astronomical...debt, debt, and more debt. So this closed minded person will continue to walk to the bank, especially when China and other countries drop dollars and refuse to finance our debt orgy. Here is a check and balance for you, no one except the international ruling familes{fed private member banks} is allowed to buy stock in the Federal Reserve Bank,in fact the USA government has never owned ONE share.
Old 28th March 2006, 04:01 PM
Default Re: It DOES matter!

It is obvious that you have tried to educate yourself in these matters. Most Catholics have not brushed up on the Federal Reserve or have a working knowledge of its structure. Few realize that our nation's choice to get off the gold standard not only eliminated a tool of Americans to curtail overspending by the Congress, but opened the floodgate of overspending
at all levels.

On a practical level, nothing can be done by individual citizens. It does matter, however, for when the debt bubble pops millions will not be prepared. We should not try to fool ourselves into believing it won't occur. Economic woes is a significant part of the suffering and civil unrest that Ron has foreseen to begin within the next 5-10 years. My heart grieves.

Let us educate others in the truths that matter. Let us lead others to consecrate their hearts, families, and homes to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary. There is so much grace and protection to be found under their mantle. The treasure they bestow is priceless. As Paul writes so simply in 1 Cor:
For the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the
weakness of God is stronger than men.

Yes, there are evil men, but ultimately, God's children will prevail!
Old 30th March 2006, 02:53 AM

One last thought..... The Jews are Gods chosen people. It only seems logical that he would have them succeed at whatever they become involved in, if that means they control the banking system, are pushing homosexuality or even have control over the financial markets...So Be It. Jose, what you see as a conspiracy is simply Gods grace on his chosen people. Jews have succeeded because it is Gods will.

Old 30th March 2006, 05:29 AM
Default Chosen People

I agree, very smart and industrious people. European Jews rate well above average on IQ tests. Best doctors, best bankers, best brokers, best comedians, best scientists,best attorneys, you name it. God bestowed them with great gifts. Just so many are secular humanists,,,it seems a kind of rejection of their creator.
Old 30th March 2006, 01:15 PM

Jose nailed it. The Jews are God's chosen people, thus the many blessings. Conversely, they are always squarely in the sights of satan, thus the many worldly sins among them. We should pray daily for all Jews.
Old 30th March 2006, 05:17 PM

I point no fingers at any faith that has gays in them or what have you.

Although... I do think that there is a "gay agenda".

I shop occasionally at hot topic a goth type store in the mall.. well it used to be cool. Now they have taken goth and made it almost 'pop culture' but that is another thing.....

What I do mean about the agenda tho... is simply this..

They and you can find shirts on the web as well.. With the rainbow flag wearing colors... but it would be thing like the word RECRUIT in rainbow colors....

Sorry, but the word RECRUIT.. speak volumes on our society and we just let things keep "passing" in the voting booths.

I don't judge the person themselves at all. It is not my place to do so. In fact, I had a large number of gay friends in high school(back in the 80s) everyone seemed to be coming out of the closet then.

I also think.. that schools have a large recruiting ability as well. Public schools have peer pressures. My kid sister who is young enough to be my kid.. Told me that it was pretty much a normal thing for 50-50 shot that your kid would have at least kissed the same sex more then once before high school was over. That it was 40-60 for boys and 80-20 for girls. I thank God everyday, that I moved from liberal states and went to the bible belt area.

I wish I lived closer to a Roman Orthodox church.. But alas, it is to far away for me to drive every sunday.

But, I pray regularly to keep that agenda out of my childrens path. SADLY, my middle child whom is a girl... has put some thought into being a nun when she grows up ( I don't see it happening, but who knows. right?? ) she is only 12 and is in 6th grade and was asked point blank was she gay? She said, NO! Why ask that?
The girl replied, well your either gay or very weird. Who wants to give up sex!?

This is what she was told by a fellow classmate.. and I am in the bible belt... So you see, I have tons of work for me with 3 kids. All of whom are very gorgeous. ( Another sin of mine... I show great "PRIDE" in my kids, its not likely to stop either.)